Thread: Tripod head won’t tighten down on tripod base

Tripod head won’t tighten down on tripod base

I removed my Benro tripod head from my Benro tripod legs so the legs would fit in a suitcase. When I went to re-attach the head to the tripod, the head will not tighten down on the screw that sticks up from the tripod base. I turn it clockwise as far as it will go, but it will not tighten down. It just swings loosely counterclockwise. Did a part fall off when I unscrewed the head, and I didn’t notice?

Re: Tripod head won’t tighten down on tripod base

Never mind. I did a temporary fix by putting a small section of bubble wrap between the tripod base and the tripod head. The head now snugs down nicely onto the bolt on the tripod base. I’m thinking that a bushing or washer fell off when I initially unscrewed the head, and I just didn’t see it. Anyway, it’s a mystery. Temporarily fixed.

Re: Tripod head won’t tighten down on tripod base

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Calwell View Post
    Never mind. I did a temporary fix by putting a small section of bubble wrap between the tripod base and the tripod head. The head now snugs down nicely onto the bolt on the tripod base. I’m thinking that a bushing or washer fell off when I initially unscrewed the head, and I just didn’t see it. Anyway, it’s a mystery. Temporarily fixed.
    Are there small locking screws that come up from under the tripod , on the tripod to lock head in place?