Thread: 'Celestial lottery:' We are one year away from another solar eclipse in Southern Illi

'Celestial lottery:' We are one year away from another solar eclipse in Southern Illi

The local newspaper has extensive documentation of the last one

I had lunch with the Frenchman in the red shirt

He chases worldwide

Notice the traffic leaving, parking on the medium was $20

https://thesouthern.com/news/local/c...0417d50461227c
    Tin Can

Re: 'Celestial lottery:' We are one year away from another solar eclipse in Southern

That will be a partial, right? I read today (in anticipation of the total one over the mid-to-eastern US later this month) that the next total eclipse in the CONUS would be in... 2045 as I recall? I probably won't make it to see that one.

There is a total solar eclipse all day, every day, but almost all the time they only happen in places where the Earth is not. So they are rare events, in these parts.
    Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com

Re: 'Celestial lottery:' We are one year away from another solar eclipse in Southern

Hang in there

I think you are on the totality map

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eclipse...otal/overview/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Hara View Post
    That will be a partial, right? I read today (in anticipation of the total one over the mid-to-eastern US later this month) that the next total eclipse in the CONUS would be in... 2045 as I recall? I probably won't make it to see that one.

There is a total solar eclipse all day, every day, but almost all the time they only happen in places where the Earth is not. So they are rare events, in these parts.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Hara View Post

The eclipse a year from now is a total one. I'm not aware of any total solar eclipse in the USA later this month.

Southern Illinois was in the path of totality for the 2017 event, and also the 2024 eclipse.