Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Mount Press Cover?

Drew Wiley

Re: Dry Mount Press Cover?

In this marine salt air climate, impermeable covers are voodoo to anything ferrous, even in the back of large industrial building. My dirt cheap simple solution is to simply buy XXL Tyvek painters overalls, and then slit and tape them to make an effective equipment cover. Formally sized and treated permeable equipment covers can be obtained for moderate expense from numerous outfits including Grainger or Rockler, or probably off the internet too.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    My enlargers, slide copier, copy stand, and dry mount are all covered with trash bags when not is use. They comes in a variety of colors, but I believe Louis Vuitton has more stylish offerings.
    Stylish Louis Vuitton options sounds interesting. I'd be in heaven if it matched my man-purse
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    In this marine salt air climate, impermeable covers are voodoo to anything ferrous, even in the back of large industrial building. My dirt cheap simple solution is to simply buy XXL Tyvek painters overalls, and then slit and tape them to make an effective equipment cover. Formally sized and treated permeable equipment covers can be obtained for moderate expense from numerous outfits including Grainger or Rockler, or probably off the internet too.
    Thanks Drew. I had not considered Grainger or Rockler. I'll give them a look. Gratefully, marine salt air climate isn't an issue we contend with in Arizona. But we have more than our share of dust.
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

hang your jacket on it instead of the tread mill.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    An old towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    Pillow case or part of a sheet. I don't cover the closing bar.
    Interestingly, my father had this press covered with what appeared to be remnants of his old USAF flight suits that mom had sewn together in a nearly custom-fitted cover. Mom was quite the seamstress and quilter in her day. There was much adaptive re-use of clothing articles in my home growing up. I would continue using that if it hadn't been torn-up by my "I'm trying to help" grandkids as dad's old darkroom was being exhumed. If I wasn't now an orphan, I'd have mom make the needed repairs and carry on.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    hang your jacket on it instead of the tread mill.

Jeffery Dale Welker

How about these apples - https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/seal-commercial-210-m

Digital Deck Covers has a cover ready-made for the 210M press and I've placed my order. Thanks to Pieter for bringing this option to my attention. Once again, the LFPF comes to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    How about these apples - https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/seal-commercial-210-m

Digital Deck Covers has a cover ready-made for the 210M press and I've placed my order. Thanks to Pieter for bringing this option to my attention. Once again, the LFPF comes to the rescue.
    I have covers for a number of my equipment items from Digital Deck Covers. The only caution I'd offer is that their existing patterns for some equipment can vary a bit from what I consider a perfect fit. That results, I was told, from their having added some designs based on measurements supplied by other customers rather than their own handling of the equipment. I strongly suggest double-checking the dimensions their pattern indicates against your press in light of how you'd like the cover to fit.

I hope all know better than to store them closed tight

They can be closed, but not locked shut

I keep clean matte board inside, not locked
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I hope all know better than to store them closed tight

They can be closed, but not locked shut

I keep clean matte board inside, not locked

Good point. I store my release sheets on top of a foam-core sheet.