Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reveni Labs Dunkbot automated film processor

Reveni Labs Dunkbot automated film processor

Interesting contraption - in addition to 35/120, the design allows for 4x5 on "reels" like the MOD54 or B's 4x5:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ilm-processor/

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Reveni Labs other than having purchased a couple of their products.

Re: Reveni Labs Dunkbot automated film processor

Not enough information about how film is agitated in this system. This seems like a lazy person's toy and nothing more.

I quit all Kickstarter long ago

Along with new ideas

I will plod my way

As long as

I CAN
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Not enough information about how film is agitated in this system.
    "The developing tank is partially lifted and lowered to agitate the chemicals during a processing step. The number of agitations and frequency can be customized, allowing for stand or semi-stand developing."

The obvious question is whether this is enough to consistently deliver even development.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    The obvious question is whether this is enough to consistently deliver even development.
    I'm not Matt's target market for this since I own a Jobo, but in reviewing the short intro video I'd be concerned about:

1. It looks like chemicals feed into the tank from the bottom through some sort of light-trapping holes/slots. I'd like to know the exact flow inside the tank. Why? When I first started developing LF film with tanks & hangers, I'd get surge marks from the holes along the bottom of the hanger because I was agitating too fast. Might this be an issue with this device?

2. All I've seen of the agitation cycle is an up/down motion. How 'bout a twist, too? As Oren said, is this up/down only motion enough to provide even development?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I'm not Matt's target market for this since I own a Jobo, but in reviewing the short intro video I'd be concerned about:

1. It looks like chemicals feed into the tank from the bottom through some sort of light-trapping holes/slots. I'd like to know the exact flow inside the tank. Why? When I first started developing LF film with tanks & hangers, I'd get surge marks from the holes along the bottom of the hanger because I was agitating too fast. Might this be an issue with this device?

2. All I've seen of the agitation cycle is an up/down motion. How 'bout a twist, too? As Oren said, is this up/down only motion enough to provide even development?
    Hi Alan, the holes in the bottom trap are swept 90 degrees about the centre of the tank, so there is a circular flow when the tank fills. There is a pretty large total hole area, to make sure the tank fills and drains quickly, so the flow is not high pressure. It's only forced in by the gravity of the raised fluid in the pot so it doesn't have a lot of pushing power.

Really, that’s the most over-engineered solution I’ve seen for a problem that’s already solved.
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post
    Really, that’s the most over-engineered solution I’ve seen for a problem that’s already solved.
    Why? Sweeping the holes increased their length enough to provide light-blocking properties, and the part is 3D printed, so complexity is free.

Matt, thanks for stopping by to respond to comments.

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post
    Lasse, if you're referring to the device as a whole, I'm not aware of any other similarly automated device at anything close to that price point.