Hi folks,

This Kickstarter just launched: Mercury Works, makers of the Mercury Universal Camera system, have created a stereoscopic camera system (complete with viewers for slides and digital scans) that takes large format lenses and accepts Graflok 45 backs (and sheet film holders). It shoots 4x5 sheet film, 120 roll film in 6x12 backs, and 70mm (in an exclusive rebuilt back exclusive to this Kickstarter).

The system includes many ground glass back options and other other accessories, as well as high-end viewers. It uses a powerful electronic triggering system for perfect sync and is light enough to easily hand-hold. While technically the final fused image is medium format 6x6, the entire workflow and ecosystem is large format, and I designed the camera to appeal to large format photographers, since there is no other stereographic camera made today that offers such a workflow. My hope is that this will provide an easy entry point into large format style 3D photography for those who have avoided it due to a lack of serious cameras/tools.

You can take a look at the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...era?ref=43s8pv

I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have in this thread!