Thread: Some good LF film holder bags

Some good LF film holder bags

This is an Amazon listing. If the link violates any rules, please accept my apologies and remove the link. But I have no affiliation with Amazon other that spending a small fortune with them. The two larger size of these bags are only slightly oversized for 5x7 and 8x10 film holders. You get ten of each size. Sadly, while the smaller size would fit 4x5 holders internally, the throat of the ziplock opening is two narrow to allow a 4x5 holder to pass. Some 3.25x4.25 holders fit, but I rarely used that old camera any more. If the link needs to be removed, so an Amazon search by "30PCS Frosted Ziplock Poly Bags".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFW98NNM...roduct_details
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: Some good LF film holder bags

For those with 4x5 film holders who might want to use Ziploc brand bags that you can get in any grocery store, I use their half gallon sized "Marinade" bags that come 24 to a carton. The thickness of the plastic web they are made of is just a bit less than their freezer bags, but thicker than the sandwich or snack bags. You can fit up to 5 film holders in each bag, but I like to use only 4 holders per bag. Some years ago they changed the dimensions on their quart bags so that they weren't quite big enough (in the opening I think) to fit 4x5 holders into conveniently; but the Marinade bags are much more comfortable for this purpose, and can hold up to 5 holders.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Lachlan 717

Plenty of cheap neoprene ones on eBay. Whilst not waterproof (not sure why this feature is needed…) they offer a modicum protection to knocks and bumps when packed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED0A07E9-9810-4E81-A0CB-F56CC59237D8.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	236866

#8x10”
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

I bought 100 8X20 antistatic bags

and sold my excess to members

I used them for 7X17 and later bought the custom padded ones made and sold by another member

cannot recall the member name, he still is in production
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Plenty of cheap neoprene ones on eBay. Whilst not waterproof (not sure why this feature is needed…) they offer a modicum protection to knocks and bumps when packed.

#8x10”
    I bought these a few months back. They do the job.

I have two of the f64 4x5 cases that hold 5 holders each. I put the holders first in a ziplock or plastic anti static bag. Two cases came with the whole f64 backpack that I bought. But you can buy the film cases separately and attach to your backpack. The cases each come with a shoulder strap as well if you want to keep them separate. There's also loops on the back side so you can wear on your pants belt. There's a handy mesh pocket on the outside to slip in the dark slide when shooting.
    Case: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...lm_Holder.html
    Backpack: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._Backpack.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post

#8x10”
    I got some of these at goodwill; perhaps for a kids laptop/ipad.

https://www.uline.com/BL_7852/Uline-...eclosable-Bags is the sort of bag I have for film holders. More practical quantities are to be found on Ebay.

I use Cascade film holder wraps from Phortobackpacker. They work for me. They are still available as new stock on e-Bay.

Another bag or pouch I have used is a generic Target/Walmart lunch bag that fits 4x5 film holders. Insulated, zippered and cheap. Also does not look like photo gear.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!