Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Book - The New Bromoil Process

New Book - The New Bromoil Process

I'm happy to announce that my new book on The New Bromoil Process is now done and at the printers. It's available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble for pre-ordering. It's scheduled to go live and available for shipping starting on April 10th. It may not be up on the sites yet, but it will also be available as an electronic download Ebook for only about $8.00.

If you have seen Emil Schildt's bromoil images before on the forum, this book outlines in detail the process he developed a number of years ago. It also shows the paper coating process outlined by Denise Ross in her books. Huge thanks to both Emil and Denise in my learning this process myself. Bromoils and modern day silver paper are difficult to do consistently and this book shows how to coat your own paper with liquid emulsion, make initial silver prints, bleach/tan your prints, and ink the prints with any colors you like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barnes and noble.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	236771

Re: New Book - The New Bromoil Process

Congratulations!

An affordable book either way

Emil prints are wonderful
    Tin Can

Good news, congratulations!
    Just curious how much time it took from idea to printing house?

It took me about 2 months of writing off an on to put the manuscript together with all the photographs in it. I did some research and interviewed some publishing companies before I made my final selection which really only took 2 or 3 weeks. Then, I started with a contract with the publishing company back in November, so it took about 4 months from start to finish with them to go through all the typesetting, editing, design, and setting up everything with the marketing and the printer.

Looks great
    Ian Land
    Photographer, Silverhill Press Editor

Website | Instagram | Silverhill Press

Congratulations, Dan!
    Having taken the workshop, I can recommend Dan's book for anyone interested in the process.
    Just purchased a copy from Amazon.
    Last edited by Dugan; 18-Mar-2023 at 11:19.

The Ebook version is now available and you can get it right away on Amazon for Kindles and on Barnes and Noble for tablets if you are an Ebook type of person and it's only $8.00. Supposedly, it will be available on Apple Books (IBOOK) as well. The hard copy is still going to be available starting April 10th but you can pre-order it now if you like.

My new book, The New Bromoil Process, is now available for immediate shipping through Barnes and Noble and Amazon as a hard copy and Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Apple as an Ebook. Not sure why Amazon doesn't have the cover photo up yet, but B&N does. If you are interested in trying the Bromoil process but have been hesitant because of all the challenges with using today's commercial photo print paper for bromoils, my book outlines and teaches you about coating paper with Liquid Emulsion to make Bromoil prints completely hand made. The process is not hard and offers you many options for producing color bromoil prints as well.

If you have purchased my book - thanks so much for your support. For those who purchase my book, if you send me your Email address (my contact info is in the book), you will be able to be on my complementary Emailing list for new updates, tips, and information on this process.

I'm also offering personal workshops on the process at my home in Palm Springs - contact me for details.

Thanks,

Dan Dozer

Thanks for reminder.
    I see 3 paperbacks left on amazon.com (more to come), congratulations.
    Shipping quote to EU is 23 usd.
    Barnes&Noble has no EU countries in check out.
    So these selling channels oriented to US.

Dan

Congratulations on the publication of your book.

Just wondering if you treat bromoil transfer in your book?

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon