Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Book - The New Bromoil Process

Re: New Book - The New Bromoil Process

I received my copy of Dan's book the other day from Amazon.
    I recommend it to anyone with an interest in bromoil.
    I really benefitted from taking Dan's workshop, especially for the paper-coating process.
    Congratulations, Dan!

Hi Sandy,

No, I don't address bromoil transfer. I use the same method of inking that Emil Schildt came up with many years ago and to do that process, you have to thicken up the ink. The thicker ink won't transfer well at all so transfer prints aren't really a good option with this process.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaidotas View Post
    Thanks for reminder.
    I see 3 paperbacks left on amazon.com (more to come), congratulations.
    Shipping quote to EU is 23 usd.
    Barnes&Noble has no EU countries in check out.
    So these selling channels oriented to US.
    I have been wondering how the European market might work with this and apparently the self publishing market hasn't really figured it out yet. I was hoping that the publisher might establish a connection with a printing source in Europe, but that doens't look like it has happened. You might consider going with the Ebook instead as there wouldn't be any shipping cost for that.

Definitely check out the bookstores in your local markets. While it's a little bit more expensive locally, most of the large sellers here in scandinavia can order the book for you (with free shipping).
    Blackwells in the UK also has it at right below 24 euro shipped with taxes included (price differs a bit depending on your country) to more or less all countries in Europe.

And a question to you Dan: would I be correct in assuming that it is a workflow including dichromates?

Cheers fd

Quote Originally Posted by fatherdougal View Post
    Definitely check out the bookstores in your local markets. While it's a little bit more expensive locally, most of the large sellers here in scandinavia can order the book for you (with free shipping).
    Blackwells in the UK also has it at right below 24 euro shipped with taxes included (price differs a bit depending on your country) to more or less all countries in Europe.

And a question to you Dan: would I be correct in assuming that it is a workflow including dichromates?

Cheers fd
    Yes that is correct. The process is about using commercially available liquid emulsion (I use FOMA emulsion) and the conventional bleaching/tanning process using Potassium Dichromate. I know that you guys in Europe may have more difficulty getting Potassium Dichromate because of it's toxicity. I doubt that your bookstores will have my book on their shelves, but having them order it for you is an option. It is also available as an Ebook so that would certainly save the shipping costs and is less than the hard copy as well.

Dan

I'm happy to say that sales have gone very well. In the two months since the announcement came out, well over 100 copies have sold. If you have purchased my book, I want to sincerely thank you for it. I've started putting out regular updates on new things happening with this process. If you would like to be on the list to get the updates, send me an Email (my Email is in the book) and I'll add you to it.

I'm also giving personal hands on workshops on the process in my studio/darkroom here in California. If you live here in the southwest or are planning on visiting in the future, send me a note and we can discuss workshop options and details.

Thanks again for everyone supporting me in this effort,

Dan