Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Print Washer - medium and super size

Print Washer - medium and super size

Hi Folks

Has anyone here made a vertical print washer , trying to purchase in 2023 is almost impossible. I am interested in two sizes , 20 x 24 six slot to sit in sink and also 34 x 44 inch floor model with 6 slots. I am interested in this for my tech guy to try and if there is some info I would love to hear.

regards

Bob

Re: Print Washer - medium and super size

following, not cuz I plan to build, but always curious about the the process of fabricating a washer. also guessing cachet eco wash is no longer available.

wondering if instead of the humongous floor washer (which will weight a tonne), would washing in trays work or is the risk of print damage from lifting and handling, too great
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    following, not cuz I plan to build, but always curious about the the process of fabricating a washer. also guessing cachet eco wash is no longer available.

wondering if instead of the humongous floor washer (which will weight a tonne), would washing in trays work or is the risk of print damage from lifting and handling, too great
    I saw a video of Clyde Butchers printer making 30 x 40 murals and he had a floor model which would be perfect for me , six slots floor drain. good to go. I have found that with 30 x 40 murals I cannot do more than 12 final prints off 4 negs in a day so a six slot holding the prints back to back would be perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I saw a video of Clyde Butchers printer making 30 x 40 murals and he had a floor model which would be perfect for me , six slots floor drain. good to go. I have found that with 30 x 40 murals I cannot do more than 12 final prints off 4 negs in a day so a six slot holding the prints back to back would be perfect for me.
    I already do wash in super size trays but it is extremely time challenging and wastes a ton of water .

I ordered 20x24 archival washer with 12 slots from Under Red Light from Ukraine. It took a while to make, but the quality is really good. Pricey + pricey shipping, but superiour quality. Check fb.
    Henry Valtonen, Helsinki
    -----------------------
    8x10" landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by L&Scape View Post
    I ordered 20x24 archival washer with 12 slots from Under Red Light from Ukraine. It took a while to make, but the quality is really good. Pricey + pricey shipping, but superiour quality. Check fb.
    We saw this guy in Ukraine as well , I think the price of shipping would be outrageous but we are going to give a try.

How about a custom fish tank maker

They are local
    Tin Can

The Versalab washer is a pretty simple design - perhaps someone can custom-build a larger version of that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    How about a custom fish tank maker

They are local
    This is the route I probably go, I. made my big sinks out of heavy duty plastic, I am looking for people here who may have design ideas and practical advice. but your right a fish tank maker is probably the right person for the really big one I need.

I use a Nova 20x24.
    There is not much to it. The water comes in the bottom through the six little holes, then it spills over the top and is collected by the black tube.

The separators are light fixture diffusers. They even say that is what they are in the user's manual.

Apparently Nova washers are still available new. https://www.fotoimpex.com/darkroom/n...-cm-20x24.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0171.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	236725