Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Filters on Fujinon 90mm

Filters on Fujinon 90mm

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    That hasn't happened to me -- or Alan, who also standardized on 77mm.
    Did you miss the part where he said he now has another lens that requires 105mm filters?

In any case most people tend to grow their lens collection over time and at some point standardization breaks down. But if that’s not your case then good for you. And it’s only money anyway.

Re: Filters on Fujinon 90mm

You may think it does, and so may he as well. But that belief doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Is there a law in New Jersey against putting the CND filter on last? I wouldn't be surprised. There's a law in Colorado against transporting prairie dogs across County lines. Fortunately, I haven't been caught yet.
    What do you mean putting it on last?

What's a CND filter? Do you mean GND?

Sorry for the abbreviation. By CND, I mean Center Neutral Density filter.

I have two types of filters that by definition of their construction, I always place last.

Polarising filters, I have Nikon glass ones, both of them have their specified size, 52mm and 72mm and in both cases their outer ring is way wider than their screw on size.

I have a Heliopan 67mm centre neutral density filter which has two sizes marked on it's side, 67mm and 86mm.

https://www.keh.com/shop/heliopan-67...er-filter.html

And for Sigurd's information, the Heliopan 67mm centre neutral density filter I have is brilliant on my Fujinon SWD f/5.6 65mm lens and really a requirement unless you like dealing with falloff later down the track and pretty handy on my 90mm lens. In general not always needed or wished for with the 90mm lens, but nonetheless very nice when needed, used or desired on the 90mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I have a Heliopan 67mm centre neutral density filter which has two sizes marked on it's side, 67mm and 86mm.
    Heliopan is the forgotten name in CND filters. Heliopan made CND filters from 49mm to 127mm (!) in two strengths, -1.5 f-stops and -3.0 f-stops. All had a larger front threads than the rear thread.

But some CND filters do not have larger front threads -- such as the Hoya CND filters that I've seen. Hoya is pretty much an unknown brand in CND filters -- and don't use the TWO element style of the BIG names. It appears that they are all HMC (Hoya Multi-Coated), and were available in 1 and 1.5 f-stop (ND2X & ND3X) densities. They were available in at least 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, and 77mm sizes.

Good luck finding any of these.

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/center5.htm