Thread: Can older Bogen tripod legs be "lubricated?"

Can older Bogen tripod legs be "lubricated?"

EZ question for all the tinkerers. I got a while ago, old cheap Bogen tripod. It has the flip locks on the legs. I have the beefier version where it is a twist locks on the legs. This one isn't as heavy.

The one leg needs to be pulled down, the other 2 can slide down when the flip locks are in the unlocked position.

What's the best way (well, easiest way, I'm guessing best way is to take it apart somehow), to lubricate these legs. I would imagine spraying it with some type of lubricant will get stuff all over you when you raise the legs up and down.
    --

Eric Woodbury

Re: Can older Bogen tripod legs be "lubricated?"

Clean it well and spray with silicone lubricant. Adjust cam locks as necessary. Should be like new.

Re: Can older Bogen tripod legs be "lubricated?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    Clean it well and spray with silicone lubricant. Adjust cam locks as necessary. Should be like new.
    Thanks!! I think I retract my statement. Looks like there is a simple nut and bolt where the locks are. I bet I can loosen them or something and get in there and wipe it down, maybe some dirt and then silicon spray it. Thanks!!!!
    --