Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eTone JOBO Processing Unit: Any Good?

eTone JOBO Processing Unit: Any Good?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27561595020...Cclp%3A2047675

I have a lot of JOBO and Paterson Film Tanks, has anybody here tried the eTone unit? BTW I have one coming, along with the XTRA long extension. It is reversible rotation and it says it works with the 2500 Multitanks which is what I use most
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 8-Mar-2023 at 13:39.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Re: eTone JOBO Processing Unit: Any Good?

Hmm, the fact that it stops for 1 sec between rotation cycle changes would concern me. Let us know who it works out for you.

Twenty seven bucks with free shipping? Hmmm.... I also wonder about the one second delay between rotations - which might be a problem if the unit would always pause at the same spot. But is this what happens? Then again, at that price, it would be worth the risk to do a bit of tinkering if needed to "get things right."

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Twenty seven bucks with free shipping? Hmmm.... I also wonder about the one second delay between rotations - which might be a problem if the unit would always pause at the same spot. But is this what happens? Then again, at that price, it would be worth the risk to do a bit of tinkering if needed to "get things right."
    27.00 dollars is for the extension rods. The roller base is 160.00

I paid $145.45 for my unit with shipping. The Extension Unit I bought from the link attached above.

― Mark Twain

At a similar price point there is also Bounet’s B’s processor, but again, not for Expert drums even though it has a powerful enough motor for large solution volumes.

With current technologies, making a non-waterbath version, complete with lift, wouldn't be that hard, using something like an Arduino for control. For BW, room temp developing should be just fine. Once could always use a cheap sous vide circulator to make a chemical tempering bath. None of that would be any harder than making the scanners that Daniel and I made many years ago.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27561595020...Cclp%3A2047675

I have a lot of JOBO and Paterson Film Tanks, has anybody here tried the eTone unit? BTW I have one coming, along with the XTRA long extension. It is reversible rotation and it says it works with the 2500 Multitanks which is what I use most
    The eTone unit seems to work OK and seems to be well-made overall. I just got one as a backup for a CPE2.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kashi View Post
    The eTone unit seems to work OK and seems to be well-made overall. I just got one as a backup for a CPE2.
    Excellent. Thanks for responding.

For me the small single reel 2402 sheet film tanks should spin just great on this thing. Agitating by hand the small JOBO tanks is a PITA. With the 2500 Multitank 4 and Multitank 5 the amount of liquid required can strain your rolling device. My answer right now is to have multiple Unicolor Unirollers at the ready, as backup. Unirollers seem to be running about fifty bucks on Ebay so my darkroom can afford a few. Also have a one direction only Chromega, never use it. The Uniroller also spins my modern and olde eight reel Paterson tanks. Been doin' that back into the seventies. Best way to process Ektalure fibre paper was in a 16x20 Unicolor Unidrum II. Recently I've been buying a few extra 8x10 Unidrums for processing 4x5 sheet film the lazy slacker way. Just make sure and use the rubber "thingee" to keep the sheets seperate. Having extra dry tanks around is a luxury. And I can do eighteen 6x9 and 2x3 sheets in a run in the Multitanks. Not too shabby. With B&W I always process at ambient. For color images I shoot digital.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 11-Mar-2023 at 06:31.

― Mark Twain

I'd be worried chemistry and water would foul the electronics. Looks like it was designed by someone who never processed film before and thinks it is done in a 'dry' environment.
    Those who have them, I'm curious how they hold up. Are they waterproofed?