Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reveni Labs Dunkbot automated film processor

Re: Reveni Labs Dunkbot automated film processor

Quote Originally Posted by mattthegamer463 View Post
    Why? Sweeping the holes increased their length enough to provide light-blocking properties, and the part is 3D printed, so complexity is free.
    Oh, sorry I didn't mean to comment just the solution for the bottom trap. Have no input regarding that detail.
    I meant the whole solution.

To me it looks like too many part, motors, switches, mechanical complexity, six heaters, complex software and so on. To many points of failure.
    Compare this to a Jobo-like solution that has one motor, one pump and one heater.
    You wouldn't have to drain and fill during processing of course, like in the Jobo, but you still have to do it before and after processing if I understand correctly.
    Also I don't understand how you rinse. I at least would like to do so under running water for at least 5 minutes.

Well, if you are into standing and semi standing this could have an edge perhaps.
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Lasse, if you're referring to the device as a whole, I'm not aware of any other similarly automated device at anything close to that price point.
    Well, maybe you are right Oren.
    Perhaps it's just me having a bad day.
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

My advice to the creator would be to do very thorough testing of development uniformity (B&W And colour) in order to evaluate the quality of the processing, as well as what film sizes to recommend. Test all formats and don’t assume anything. For example, if it gives good 35mm results don’t assume it will give good 4x5 results just because it fits in the tank. Agitation does not scale simply, and theorizing alone does not work. Test, adjust, test, adjust, test...