Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disassemble Synchro Compur Shutter

Disassemble Synchro Compur Shutter

Hi

I have a Synchro Compur Size #1 shutter that does not fire. Are there any instructions for how to take it apart and see if there are any obvious reasons it has failed? Or a repair person in Europe?

Many thanks
    Ravi

Re: Dissaemble Synchro Compur Shutter

I suggest that you find a proper repair technician. Synchro shutters are very complex and delicate. It takes a lot of experience to determine what is wrong and even more experience on how to properly repair the shutter, plus the replacement parts are extremely hard to find.

What part of Europe are you in?

Your best bet is to watch this tutorial and see if you think you can do it yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGTnbFHJWZk

I service these shutters myself, but I'm in the USA.

Thanks Randy (I am in Switzerland) and Paul. I shall send to a technician when I find one.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Sending it it a camera tech for a full overhaul is generally best. Did it work at one time? What were the conditiions preceding it's failure to operate? Some situations can indicate just a need for an overhaul to restore proper functionality; other situations may indicate a mechanical failure that might not be so easy to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post
    Thanks Randy (I am in Switzerland) and Paul. I shall send to a technician when I find one.
    Hey, did you find a technician in Switzerland? I'm kind of in a same boat with Compur size 0.

I found this person/company. (http://www.camera-service.ch/en/index.html). Maybe they can help. RB

I have disassembled 3 of them. Did not manage to get a single one together again. and that is with the drawings that are on the net at hand.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

While I find modern Copal shutters to be pretty straightforward...Compurs can be really tricky.

I recently attempted to fix the small Compur shutter (#1 I think) which I'd painstakingly extracted from my Rolleiflex 3.5F - and made the shutter worse! So I sent it off to Zack's in Providence, RI - and have just received it back from him.

Will open the post-box tomorrow am and stare at the shutter for awhile, and stare at the innards of the still-disassembled Rolleiflex as well...hoping that I just might have at least a whiff of a memory of what goes where!

I have some experience with the "old Compurs" (found in Rolleiflex Old Standards), but I've never had to disassemble one completely to get it to work again. And there really are a ton of parts in them that could be the culprit. I have not had the guts to disassemble one completely yet, though it might be only the table with my next repairs.

Maybe "Clean Cameras" https://www.clean-cameras.ch can help you - but I'm not sure if he actually does any repairs. Some day I'll drop by and find out.