Thread: How to blend discoloration in sky?

How to blend discoloration in sky?

I created this salt print several years ago of the commercial fishing marina behind Alioto's Restaurant in Fisherman's Warf, San Francisco. Alioto was a former mayor of the city and his restaurant has recently been permanently closed. I stumbled upon the print today while searching through some items and noticed a circular discoloration in the sky at the top left. Upon close inspection, the spot is not as noticeable when held in hand compared to the scanned image. This may have been due to the print being left under a stack of items or possibly because the railing in the shot encroached into the image. My question omeglz is, how can I use Photoshop CS3 to blend the spot seamlessly with the rest of the sky?

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by LansoirThemtq; 27-Aug-2023 at 23:27.

Re: How to blend discoloration in sky?

Quote Originally Posted by LansoirThemtq View Post
    I created this salt print several years ago of the commercial fishing marina behind Alioto's Restaurant in Fisherman's Warf, San Francisco. Alioto was a former mayor of the city and his restaurant has recently been permanently closed. I stumbled upon the print today while searching through some items and noticed a circular discoloration in the sky at the top left. Upon close inspection, the spot is not as noticeable when held in hand compared to the scanned image. This may have been due to the print being left under a stack of items or possibly because the railing in the shot encroached into the image. My question is, how can I use Photoshop CS3 to blend the spot seamlessly with the rest of the sky?
    It shouldn’t be hard to do, but you should show us both the overall scan and the detail of the blemish.