Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CPP3 Issues

Re: CPP3 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Daniel do you think this will work with the expert drums 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 , and I assume the rotation is in one direction ??I see it is not compatable with heavy tanks
    I'll test it and report. It says it reverses, I use 2500 Multitanks 4&5 (sheet and roll) and European film drums so it should work for me (I hope).
    It says it works with the 2500's
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    I'll test it and report. It says it reverses, I use 2500 Multitanks 4&5 (sheet and roll) and European film drums so it should work for me (I hope).
    It does have back and forth , looks absolutely perfect except it says cannot handle heavy tanks which is what I want it for. good luck with your tests

Thanks
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Bob,

I'd still be looking at the Stark processor/roller unit. I believe a member here (Greg ?) had one but not sure he's posted an updated review. If I had the spare coin, I would sell my CPP-2 in a heartbeat to get one of these (the long version, esp if it can handle tubes for 7x17).
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I don’t think this will work with Expert drums.

Daniel do you think this will work with the expert drums 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 , and I assume the rotation is in one direction ??I see it is not compatable with heavy tanks

The position of the fuses is because all CPP machines were made as such, they weren't designed to be taken apart by users. I am sorry that seems inconvenient, but the complexity of the circuitry discourages user molestation.

It's generally not advised. The fuses protect the DC components from the AC Power supplied items. The heating element circuitry versus, motor and display. Some of both kinds circuit paths are found upon the same boards.....so if you don't know that
    you could get a 110V shock especially with a wet machine.

Why can't CatLabs fix it? At one point I was doing Jobo repairs but both Catlabs and Jobo teamed up and basically made it more difficult and more expensive for me to compete.

I have a CPP3 Jobo unit that is not working properly right now. the control panel is not operating and I am told by Cat Labs who sold it to me that its probably the fuse. Problem in this unit some genius in the factory decided to put the fuses in the guts of the motor unit and taking it apart is not a user friendly issue. I am being told a new motor is going to cost me $3000 to replace which is 2/3 the cost of the machine when I bought it. I believe my unit is the first unit sold in North America. It has low mileage and I feel shipping to Europe will not only be very expensive but also time consuming.
    So my question is does anyone here know where I can have a piece of equipment like this looked at and serviced?
    best
    Bob Carnie
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com