Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from Manitoba

Hello, from Manitoba

I'm not new to photography but I have been away from the hobby for some 30 years or so. It's been a bit of a schlog relearning everything that I have forgotten about basic photography. I am an Industrial Radiographer and have access to xray film so this medium will be my reintroduction into photography.

My original plan was to try this out with a large format pinhole camera but thought it may be easier to dial in the process using my old Canon T70 35mm SLR with 50mm f1.8 FD lens (circa 1984, and still works &#128578. I realize, that this is a Large Format Photography Forum, so I will try to limit my discussion to my professional experience with xray film and my journey into xray photography (workflow) with my chosen products.

I use Carestream (formally Kodak) Industrex MX125, T200, and AA400 films with Carestream Manual chemistry. Searching that thread and noticed not many are using industrial xray film and even fewer using OEM (matched) chemistry.

I hope that I can make a contribution to this massive xray photography rescource that I found here and share some of my trial images.

Cheers
    Carestream Industrex MX125, T200, AA400
    Carestream Industrex Manual Developer /Fixer, Stop Bath, Water wash and Photo-Flo 200

Re: Hello, from Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by XrayShooter View Post

I use Carestream (formally Kodak) Industrex MX125, T200, and AA400 films with Carestream Manual chemistry. Searching that thread and noticed not many are using industrial xray film and even fewer using OEM (matched) chemistry.

I've seen some of these films for sale in the uk ()they seem more available than normal xray film), and was curious about them, so it was a nice suprise that you're thread came up while I was googling them.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with it, and see some examples

And welcome to the forum!

Here in the states Industrex is more $$

Beware as some are special packets with all kinds of unnecessary protection for OUR purpose
    Tin Can

Greetings from NH,USA. This is the best forum, smart and good looking people.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Welcome! I'm out in BC, but originally from Saskatoon. When I'm not using pan films, it's 8x10 or 14x17 XRAY. Pinhole or lens!

that's interesting, it seems much cheaper than regular xray film here in the uk (from what I can find recently anyway). Although, that's probably because it's getting harder and harder to find a medical xray film supplier here.

what sort of protection are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Here in the states Industrex is more $$

Beware as some are special packets with all kinds of unnecessary protection for OUR purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    that's interesting, it seems much cheaper than regular xray film here in the uk (from what I can find recently anyway). Although, that's probably because it's getting harder and harder to find a medical xray film supplier here.

what sort of protection are we talking about?
    Industrial xray film is available in
    Non Interleaved (without added protection),
    Interleaved (with individual paper sleeve for protection against pressure marks in hot humid environments),
    ReadyPack (ready to use sealed envelopes),
    Pb Contact Pack and Lead Pack (ready to use sealed envelopes with lead intensifying screens).
    Carestream Industrex Manual Developer /Fixer, Stop Bath, Water wash and Photo-Flo 200

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dick View Post
    Greetings from NH,USA. This is the best forum, smart and good looking people.
    Thanks. Yes, an awesome knowledge base.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Welcome! I'm out in BC, but originally from Saskatoon. When I'm not using pan films, it's 8x10 or 14x17 XRAY. Pinhole or lens!
    Thanks. My goal is for large format pinhole using xray film if I can find the time to figure things out.

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    I've seen some of these films for sale in the uk ()they seem more available than normal xray film), and was curious about them, so it was a nice suprise that you're thread came up while I was googling them.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with it, and see some examples

And welcome to the forum!
    Thanks. I need to add some updates to the xray thread. I haven't had much success dialing things in though mostly due to trying to process the film in Industrex chemistry and very inconsistent lighting to get an usable Exposure Index. But, here are a couple of my early posts...

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...35#post1670960

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...36#post1671290