Thread: Replacement Bellows

Replacement Bellows

Hello all,

I am seeking replacement bellows for two Toyo field cameras - a 45 AII and a 45 CF. I'm curious whether anyone has tried the eTone bellows? They offer bellows for these cameras for about $80 each (https://www.etonephoto.com/products/...l-made-bellows)

Custom Bellows in the UK is highly recommended on this forums, but would be more expensive and probably take longer to get.

I'm just curious what my options are.

Thank you,

Amanda B

Re: Replacement Bellows

Have you heard of ECBUYONLINE?

There's a link on the bottom of this FUJINON page:

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/

For Eighty Bucks I'd go with that. I've been buying 220 Shanghai from them and shipping is pretty quick on that
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

About a year ago, ordered a eTone bellows for the Linhof Technikardan 23s, its been good so far. Only more time and real world usage will tell if these eTone bellows endures the test of time..

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...chnikardan-23s

Bernice

I have recently replaced the original bellows on my Toyo 45A with bellows from eTone and is very satisfied. I wrote the following review on the German Amazon.de site:

The e-Tone bellows is made out of a durable textile and has a nice finish. The corners look less fragile than on the original Toyo bellows. I was a bit nervous about undertaking the task of changing the bellows myself, and it took me 8 months to get my courage up. By then the original Toyo bellows on my Toyo 45A were completely shot and definitely had troublesome light-leaks. I had tried repairs with black tape, but to no avail.
    I had read on various large format photography sites that changing the bellows is a job for experts. I disagree. Changing the bellows is not that hard if you have the right mind-set. The bellows is held on the front standard with 4 screws and 8 screws on the rear standard. It is also glued on with at black silicone-like substance. There are small metal frames in both ends of the bellows that had to be removed and used again on the new bellows.
    Especially the front metal frame was a very tight fit in the new bellows and my biggest headache, but I got it in with some gentle tugging. I also had to make holes in the bellows material over the screw holes with a hole punch. From then on it was plain sailing. I smeared some black silicone sealant on the mating surfaces of the bellows to the respective standards for absolute light-tightness.
    Be aware that there is a top and a bottom side to the bellows. I made the side with the seam the bottom side on my bellows.
    I feared that the new bellows from e-Tone might be too thick and make it hard to close the camera, but it fits perfectly, and the camera opens and closes easily. Better than with my old bellows with tape repairs on many corners.
    All in all to be recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1_08852-1280.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	235352

Very cool! Had no idea you could get replacement bellows at that price. My Crown Graphic is still light tight but happy to know I can replace them for under $100. I've passed on many bargain priced cameras due to bad bellows, now I'll take a closer look.

Please let us know the long-term review. Thanks.

Thanks, everyone!

I will give the Etone bellows a try and let you know how it goes. For reference, Custom Bellows in the UK was 99 pounds (about $120 American) for the same bellows, so a little pricier, although I'm sure very well made. Both companies were responsive to email.

I also have purchased from eTone and am very satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Have you heard of ECBUYONLINE?

There's a link on the bottom of this FUJINON page:

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/
    Yes, had ordered bellows for a whole plate camera; they never arrived. Got my money back because it was secured by Paypal.

My Flickr