Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minolta F.ROKKOR-QF 1:5.6 f=200mm

Re: Minolta F.ROKKOR-QF 1:5.6 f=200mm

Thank you. 3D printed, nicely done!

As far as the spacing, one hears that this must be "exact", but of course nothing is exact, everything of this sort has a tolerance. What the tolerances are in lens spacing though, well I've never really seen any figures. I think some lens designs are more finicky about this than others.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    Thank you. 3D printed, nicely done!

As far as the spacing, one hears that this must be "exact", but of course nothing is exact, everything of this sort has a tolerance. What the tolerances are in lens spacing though, well I've never really seen any figures. I think some lens designs are more finicky about this than others.

David
    David, my friend and coauthor Eric Beltrando once told me that plasmat types were not particularly sensitive to cell spacing errors.

OP, the late Steve Grimes once remounted a 65/8 Ilex lens for me. It had been in an Ilex electronic #00 for which I didn't and don't have the control unit and I wanted it in a Compur #00. The two shutters have the same threading but the Compur's tube length is greater. Steve machined the Compur's front tube; he didn't shorten it, he opened it up to make room for the front cell's "shouldner."

I'd just like to see pics taken with the lens :~) I'd very much like some Rokkor glass for my 5x7, my lensboard isn't big enough for a massive Shanel or Ilex shutter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by radeks View Post
    Hi all,

Since it was hard to find information on Minolta F.ROKKOR-QF 1:5.6 f=200mm lens and it's applicability to 8x10, I thought I'd post here my result. The lens, which is a "fax" process lens, is possible to fit into Shanel - 5B shutter, I did it with 3D printed adapter rings. The cells are 0.7mm farther apart than in original barrel but it doesn't seem to impact image quality. Center of image is sharp fully open (1:5.6) with blur around edges, I'd say pleasing effect. When stopped down to 1:11, it's sharp across the film. The lens can cover 8x10 with small movements. Considering it can be found on auction places quite cheap and the Shanel - 5B shutter cost is also reasonable, I use it as an affordable wide angle on my Intrepid 8x10.
    Attachment 235248
    Attachment 235245
    Attachment 235246
    Attachment 235247

I'd be happy to answer any questions,
    cheers,
    Radek.

Hi Radek,
    I've got 2 of those (195mm with 6.5 aperture and one exactly like yours 200mm and 5.6). I am planning to do a mechanical iris and mount that on it. I don't have the need for fast shutter speeds as I usually do my shoots directly on paper.
    Mine seems to be in a different kind of mount than the picture you posted though, and the mount has holes for screws. So not sure if it's exactly same as yours.

Kind Regards

Questions,
    Did you only needed 1 strap wrench tool? I have never seen one of those here where I live.
    Also, would you be so kind to share your .stl or cad models for the rings?
    Kind Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230508_130813.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Curty View Post
    Questions,
    Did you only needed 1 strap wrench tool? I have never seen one of those here where I live.

Kind Regards
    Those strap wrenches are easy to get at any hardware store. They come in various sizes -- like regular pipe/monkey wrenches. And as with normal wrenches, if you are lucky, you only need one. The head is a rubber strap which is much better than a metal head to avoid scratches.

Hi Curty,

the adapter rings were designed in FreeCAD, design files are about 5MB for each ring. When exported as stl, top ring is 13MB, bottom ring 17MB. I think it's too large for publishing on the forum, let me know how should I share it.
    BTW, here are my measurements of F-Rokkor-QF 200mm, measured with calipers so take it with pinch of salt but design based on these measurements worked.

Top Cell: thread 58mm x 0.5mm
    Top Distance to aperture: 20mm
    Bottom Cell: thread 58mm x 0.5
    Bottom distance to aperture: 20 mm

Top to bottom stop distance: 41.25 mm
    Top to bottom cell external distance: 66.10 mm

cheers,
    Radek.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-Rokkor200-Shanel TopRing.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	27.3 KB