Thread: April 15 Large Format Print Review in Chesterton, IN

April 15 Large Format Print Review in Chesterton, IN

PLEASE NOTE THAT THAT DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL 29

For a number of years, the friends of the Midwest Large Format Asylum have gathered for an informal, non-competitive print review. It was held in January but this year the event will be on Saturday, April 15 in Chesterton Indiana. Check out the Facebook page for the Midwest Large Format Asylum (MLFA) for details about the event. It is open to all who want to show their Large Format work....or want to see the Large Format work of others.

Check out the FB page for details. https://www.facebook.com/groups/275113417230/

If you have interest in coming, fill out the link on the site to a short survey. It helps with the planning.
    Last edited by FrancisF; 25-Feb-2023 at 11:35. Reason: change of date of event

Re: April 15 Large Format Print Review in Chesterton, IN

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisF View Post
    For a number of years, the friends of the Midwest Large Format Asylum have gathered for an informal, non-competitive print review. It was held in January but this year the event will be on Saturday, April 15 in Chesterton Indiana. Check out the Facebook page for the Midwest Large Format Asylum (MLFA) for details about the event. It is open to all who want to show their Large Format work....or want to see the Large Format work of others.

Check out the FB page for details. https://www.facebook.com/groups/275113417230/

If you have interest in coming, fill out the link on the site to a short survey. It helps with the planning.

Some points of clarification about this long running event...... it is focused on Large Format work and it is open to all with an interest in this topic.

The work shown is mostly b&w but some shoot color. It is all taken with large format cameras but the images people show can be darkroom or digital prints.

People who want to show their work have some time explain and discuss it with the audience. The "review" part of the gathering is peer commentary. This is a very supportive group!

No fees for attending - this is a well put together but informal gathering a like minded people.

I've attended this event in past years, and found it very enjoyable, and educational. I always see some beautiful images and incredible talent on display. When I've had my own prints to show I've had helpful encouragement and constructive feedback. I will be attending now that the event is resuming.
    Steve Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G Bennett View Post
    I've attended this event in past years, and found it very enjoyable, and educational. I always see some beautiful images and incredible talent on display. When I've had my own prints to show I've had helpful encouragement and constructive feedback. I will be attending now that the event is resuming.
    Steve Bennett
    Steve, great to hear that you can make it this year. Look forward to seeing you there and what you have been working on in LF lately. Best, Francis

Thanks for posting this. I'm definitely going to try to make it over for another print review. As Steve said it's always a great time.