Thread: Arca Swiss Misura

Arca Swiss Misura

Anyone owns, have owned one? I have only heard of it, and seen photographs and brochures. Never seen one. Looks absolutely beautiful and nicely packaged, especially for chic city use.

photo from Galerie-photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misura-deploiement.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	234518
    Peter Chong
    Singapore

Re: Arca Swiss Misura

Yes I have used one. An interesting design but lacks the versatility of the F-Line 4x5 or F-Field for most users imho.

Is there something in particular you would like to know about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark. Nothing in particular. Just wondering, coz it’s also beautiful and comes in a really nice package…especially after lugging my Sinar around most of the day.
    Peter Chong
    Singapore

Drew Wiley

Y'all might git rat down lucky, and fetch one fer sale in the State of Missurah.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Y'all might git rat down lucky, and fetch one fer sale in the State of Missurah.
    I personally doubt the average person living in Singapore would recognize a southern U.S. accent when it is typed... and thus not the pun.

No personal experience but I also looked at the specs. For me, the ~320mm maximum extension was an issue. The standards could probably be moved to a standard F-Line rail when more is needed. If you plan on often working in an area with only shorter focal lengths, it should be great. I do like the F-Line 4x5 metric.

Don't know if you came across this:
    https://www.galerie-photo.com/misura_peronne_us.html

Hello from Besançon, France!

To the best of my knowledge, to date (2023-01) the 4x5" Arca Swiss misura is no longer listed on the catalog.
    Since it shares many parts with the F-line system, it might be possible to get one as a special order, but I doubt that you'll get the leather or metal case. This is a question for Rod Klukas, the US representative.

However the 8x10" misura is still there, but has never been sold with a leather case.

You're FAR better off getting a Good Sinar Norma or Sinar F/F2 as the outdoor camera.
    The Sinar Norma/F/F2 modules can be used with the Sinar X as needed, as part of the Sinar system to make up the camera combo as needed.
    Keep in mind once the Lens set is on Sinar lens boards, it is best to keep the lenses on Sinar lens boards.

Adding an Arca Swiss camera means getting into an entirely different and not interchangeable camera system. This is way more hassle with not a lot of advantages due to their non-interchangeability, been there done this.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by pchong View Post
    Just wondering, coz it’s also beautiful and comes in a really nice package…especially after lugging my Sinar around most of the day.

Thanks all for responses. I was just curious, mostly as the leather carry is so nice. But also, of course it’s Arca Swiss. I will be sticking to Sinar. Still haven’t figured out a way to (foolishly) carry my X.

Btw, though I had spent considerable time in north of Texas…I know…it’s still too far south for the deep South…the Southern drawl escapes me…I caught the reference to something which sounds like Misura, but no idea what’s that.
    Last edited by pchong; 13-Jan-2023 at 03:12.
    Peter Chong
    Singapore

Hi.I have Arca Swiss Misura. A thick oval case made of hight-quality leather allows you to carry the camera with the lens while keeping the camera fur intact, as well as install the base (bottom) of the case on the tripod in seconds.If you have several lenses,the camera can be removed from the base and put everything in suitable case.