Thread: 11x14 ISO-standard film holders

11x14 ISO-standard film holders

I need to acquire some rationally-priced 11x14 film holders that meet current ISO depth standards, either new or used. Any experience-based suggestions, including purchasing information, would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: 11x14 ISO-standard film holders

Not there is such a thing as rationally priced 11x14 holders. I use Chamonix holders and they work great.

Why not do the right thing and put your desire in WTB?

I had 5 made about 8 years ago in USA

China is on a break, but will be back

Austria may be still in biz

BTW I know most makers read this forum in morning, but seldom post
    Tin Can

I've ordered three new 11x14 holders from Richard Ritter. He's very pleasant to deal with.

Agree!

Richard Ritter made me 5---11X14 WOOD holders 8-9 years ago

I am very careful with them

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kashi View Post
    I've ordered three new 11x14 holders from Richard Ritter. He's very pleasant to deal with.
    Tin Can

For a while I used Medical 11x14 holders with the spacers on each side removed and screw holes filled in (not necessary). At a State Surplus store connected to our State's Medical Center, Hospital, and Medical school I used to find them every now and then for way under $50.00 each. They also sometimes had 14x17 holders for sale at the same price or for some? reason for less money. All were obviously in used condition but light tight and served me well for years. Best find was once when I found four 14x17 holders that were not priced. Asked how much, and the person at the check out counter told me they had been put out for sale for months with no takers. "just take them they're yours"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    For a while I used Medical 11x14 holders with the spacers on each side removed and screw holes filled in (not necessary). At a State Surplus store connected to our State's Medical Center, Hospital, and Medical school I used to find them every now and then for way under $50.00 each. They also sometimes had 14x17 holders for sale at the same price or for some? reason for less money. All were obviously in used condition but light tight and served me well for years. Best find was once when I found four 14x17 holders that were not priced. Asked how much, and the person at the check out counter told me they had been put out for sale for months with no takers. "just take them they're yours"!!!
    That's pretty cool, if you can use them

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    For a while I used Medical 11x14 holders with the spacers on each side removed and screw holes filled in (not necessary).
    I forgot to mention that almost all of the Medical X-Ray film holders were regular (Fidelity? brand) 11x14 film holders with "spacers" added to both sides to widen the holder. Remove the screws holding the spacers and you have a normal 11x14 film holder. But I did come across two one time that the "spacers" on each side were not removeable but were physically part of the holder. I suppose that one could just saw off the sides of the holder to make it less wide and thus useable in your 11x14 view camera... but I wouldn't want to be the one to do that...