Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo CPP2 Pump Repair

Jobo CPP2 Pump Repair

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've last posted here. Hope y'all been well.

Recently my Jobo CPP2 started acting up. The motor was getting sticky, struggling on reverse rotation. This I was able to remedy by replacing the motor with a spare I had lying around. The thermostat is whack, but that can be compensated using a thermometer.

The big issue is the pump. One day it just stopped pumping the water. I took it apart and manually rotated the impeller, after which it was rotating fine, albeit with a ton of noise. I put it back, processed some film, but the next time I fired it up, it was not pumping again. I took it apart, put some WD40 through it, and it was rotating fine again, this time with a little less noise. Processed some film. And the next time I fired it up, it's not pumping again. Electricity is being supplied, as I hear a hum when I turn the pump ON.

Anyway, I think I need to do a serious repair of the pump, but I don't see an obvious way of taking apart the pump unit. Long story short, does anyone have any resources on servicing the CPP2 pump?

Thanks!!

Re: Jobo CPP2 Pump Repair

Give CatLabs a call. They are in the Boston area.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Give CatLabs a call. They are in the Boston area.
    LOL, sorry I'd forgotten to update my info; I know CatLabs well, but unfortunately I have since moved out of Boston and am now in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thanks

One Jobo pump issue at work was that sometimes the pump would clog up due to algae in the water causing a build-up eventually ruining pump...

Flush out pump and lines well with fresh water, and maybe take apart to check for sludge, it does happen...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    One Jobo pump issue at work was that sometimes the pump would clog up due to algae in the water causing a build-up eventually ruining pump...

Flush out pump and lines well with fresh water, and maybe take apart to check for sludge, it does happen...

Steve K
    Yes, so I'm more than willing to take apart the pump; I was hoping for a servicing manual or something to guide me through the process. I couldn't see an obvious way to take it apart.

Or.... is it actually possible to take it apart from above, i.e., from the circuit board side? Maybe I didn't dig under all the wiring enough...

Jobo gear usually isn't obvious or service friendly, so you have to put on your thinking cap and figure out what they did... I remember there were not a lot of manuals around, some parts lists, and usually in German... But keep looking!!!

Good luck!!!

Steve K

But shaft and impeller area were usual culprits for clogging... Greasing shafts/bearings in pump with teflon/silicone grease will help with the noise...

Steve K

No promises, but here is a repair manual I have used in the past:
    https://silvergrainclassics.com/en/w...ervice-manual/
    Last edited by Jason Greenberg Motamedi; 19-Nov-2023 at 22:27. Reason: updated URL

The pump motor to impeller shaft is plastic, tends to warp. Once warped enough the impeller is not able to function properly (move water).

Check this,

Bernice

I gave up on mine after it kept doing a grinding noise. Now I just use an aquarium pump that pumps up from the bottle storage area to the top reservoir, but it's quite annoying. I may have to try cleaning it out someday.