Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobo ATL 2 Plus vs ATL1500 for B&W Sheet Film Development

Re: Jobo ATL 2 Plus vs ATL1500 for B&W Sheet Film Development

Well...30 years ago I managed to stuff a used ATL II Plus above my washing machine and dryer closet. All it required was locating the wall studs, properly bedding some trim support and a firm shelf. I do need a small step ladder for some things; adjusting the drum supports and temp water levels, but it also was an easy hook up to the washing machine drain, and water to a water temp control panel/filter. I must be living in one of those "mystery spots" that defy the normal laws of physics, or Gremlins, or Murphy; my Jobo has never had a problem. I can't say the same for the Epson Stylus Pro 9900 I once owned

No apology from CatLABS? It would seem in order.

Quote Originally Posted by wooserco View Post
    When I stated that individual components were no longer available, I was referring to the PCB level Components (some) are no longer available to build/repair the PCB's. I understand that.

I've been a field service technician on German manufactured Kardex/Remstar Automated Storage Retrieval Systems for over 30 years. All of their pre 2000 PCB's are obsolete and no longer repairable due component obsolescence. They have worked around that by designing PCB's that have been updated with digital components populating their boards. I totally understand obsolescence. I'm offended when I'm told by the person that told me that I'm making a "totally erroneous statement" when it was in fact HIS company that told me that.

I accepted what he stated, because I understand that happens. But, the statement really struck me as arrogant and condescending; totally contradicting what he told me two years prior.

My goodness, I could have had an operational ATL2+ had he sold me the PCB that I needed.

Sorry, enough of a rant. I am happily using the CPE2+ and if it ever fails, I'll be getting a new CPE3! I like the JOBO system that much!
    • •. • • • • • •

It seems that an apology from CatLabs would have been "totally" appropriate.