Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

multiplex

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Eventually visual art is going to be considered "open source" like the fashion industry is (author is dead and all that). None of this really matters, photography has become royalty free clip art.
    Last edited by jnantz; 24-Dec-2022 at 04:34.

Drew Wiley

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

It's happening in writing too : automated ghost writings programs which borrow and adapt from analogous published content. Someone recently tested the capacity of that kind of option by writing, illustrating and publishing an entire children's book in a single weekend, all Franken-book style,patched together using repurposed images and lines, which the automation itself designedly tweaks a little to evade copyright issues.

Pessimism is balanced by Optimism in the same way as black is balanced by white resulting in shades of gray. Or bad cannot know good if there is no point of reference or comparison.

This begins to delve into the concept of Shadow Self and LOTs more..

Benrice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Sure. If you're feeling pessimistic, maybe check out Rutger Bregman's Humanity: A Hopeful History.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    It's happening in writing too : automated ghost writings programs which borrow and adapt from analogous published content. Someone recently tested the capacity of that kind of option by writing, illustrating and publishing an entire children's book in a single weekend, all Franken-book style,patched together using repurposed images and lines, which the automation itself designedly tweaks a little to evade copyright issues.
    GTP3
    it's been around for quite some time, someone deeply involved with AI recently said treat it like an assistant who is eager to help you and at the same time lie right to your face, it's just like the internet nothing new... pretty soon everyone's head is going to be in a pickle jar like in Futurama or on a space ship like Wall-E none of it really matters anyways it's all entertainment/infotainment. Everyone knows Wink Martindale and George HWBush were animatronic robots, and that was 30-40 years ago ... a lot of web forums, SM &c are populated by AI Bots ..and no one has a clue, who knows maybe some post here?.. not sure what uproar is about, a "real photograph" or an AI one not sure why any of this matters anyways.. it's not like advertising, TV Movies, books magazines are any different...
    Last edited by jnantz; 24-Dec-2022 at 04:36.

Sept 2022, the "conversation" boiled after an "AI" assisted art item won an award:
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...air-180980703/

Now, back to the question of "what is art" ?

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    Eventually visual art is going to be considered "open source" like the fashion industry is (author is dead and all that). Doesn't matter, photography has become royalty free clip art.

multiplex

I know, that's why I said it doesn't matter .. since the advent of uploading images to the web things are already open source but art makers are running around with their air on fire because "it's AI Computer art and so terrible". not terrible, it's just what it is. not sure why people are so upset or angered or annoyed, they don't like it, just move on .. and keep doing what you like to do. It's not like any of this has any direct effect on anybody here.
    what's art? everything is and nothing is at this point ...
    Last edited by jnantz; 24-Dec-2022 at 04:40.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I will give up my 2 good friends the day I die

Life size. Plastica was first, her sister came later

They both need new clothes and wigs

Best models ever!

What did you use the models for? Setting up the lighting?

Drew Wiley

As long as the value of crypto-art is appraised in crypto-currency, we're on a level playing field. I can imagine an Antiques Roadshow episode 75 yrs from now : This was appraised at 4 and a half million dollars six weeks ago, but now its worth 3 cents.

multiplex

crypto currency is a commodity and the value goes up and down, just like everything else, and crypto currency is easily converted into dollars, yen, euros or whatever. I can imagine antiques roadshow 75 years from now and someone will have twin flames or whatever other NFT is being appraised and it will be looked at with the same eyes as a collectible like a mickey mantle (1953) or honus wagner (1909 ) trading cards that are worth $20million.

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    crypto currency is a commodity and the value goes up and down, just like everything else, and crypto currency is easily converted into dollars, yen, euros or whatever. I can imagine antiques roadshow 75 years from now and someone will have twin flames or whatever other NFT is being appraised and it will be looked at with the same eyes as a collectible like a mickey mantle (1953) or honus wagner (1909 ) trading cards that are worth $20million.
    Cryptocurrency is not a commodity. It has no inherent value or purpose. A commodity has a function. It can be used for something. That's what gives it value. Oil can be converted into plastics, film and gasoline, wheat can be made into bread and be eaten, copper can be made into electrical wire, steel into I beams to build buildings, gold into jewelry and for electronic circuitry, cotton into clothes, etc. Crypto cannot be used for anything. You can't wear it, eat it, drive it, build with it, drink it, etc. I'd rather freeze film for an investment.