Thread: Connecting Sink?

Connecting Sink?

Many years ago I bought an Arkay 30x72 sink with the stand. Finally getting around to building out my darkroom. The mounting holes in the backsplash are 1", the wall mount faucet I bought takes 1/2" stubs. Advice?

Re: Connecting Sink?

Maybe just an Escutcheon to cover up the larger hole? You can probably find ones that aren't plastic but basically like this. I'm assuming you have some way to support the 1/2 stubs securely as I don't think this would do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Maybe just an Escutcheon to cover up the larger hole? You can probably find ones that aren't plastic but basically like this. I'm assuming you have some way to support the 1/2 stubs securely as I don't think this would do it alone.
    The faucet came with escutcheons. I need a way to mount the stubs securely to the sink.

Go to a Plumbing Supply house. Take the fixture with you. They can get a solution and adapters.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

I agree that this is the kind of problem a plumber would probably just know how to fix without thinking. Conventionally I think the way this is done is with a copper stub out, assuming your supply lines are PEX though- that's how they did it during my bathroom renovation anyways and it worked very well. You basically mount the sub-out to a stud then cut the copper and mount a shut-off valve to the copper with a compression connection.

I called a plumbing supply house, actually three of them. One of them seemed to know what I need but doesn't have anything in stock. I have supply lines with shut off valves coming out of the wall. Thought I'd use PEX from them up to the faucet, I just need to securely mount the 1/2" stubs to the sink. Currently, the sink has larger stubs mounted, with copper right angle fittings on the back of the sink.