Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Pittsburgh

Re: Greetings from Pittsburgh

I keep saying, "Can't wait til spring", but it's been in the 50s or higher. Crazy! I'm very close to you, grew up in Ligonier, currently living in Latrobe. I'm about to pull the trigger on some glass plates I plan on shooting in the Highlands. What camera(s) are you shooting with? Currently shooting 4x5 (Crown, pinhole), I've had an Intrepid 8x10 in my "shopping cart" for 3 months LOL.

Yes, PA is an underrated. There are some wide-open spaces outside Pittsburgh & Philly. The northern part of the state is beautiful the whole way across, from Presque Isle to Rickett's Glenn. You can have a beer at a Steelers game, drive 15 minutes in any direction and be milking cows.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I keep saying, "Can't wait til spring", but it's been in the 50s or higher. Crazy! I'm very close to you, grew up in Ligonier, currently living in Latrobe. I'm about to pull the trigger on some glass plates I plan on shooting in the Highlands. What camera(s) are you shooting with? Currently shooting 4x5 (Crown, pinhole), I've had an Intrepid 8x10 in my "shopping cart" for 3 months LOL.
    I set out this afternoon with my 8x10 Nagaoka, over to Kooser SP then to Laurel Hill SP for a couple of shots. I have a couple of older spot meters that I needed to test along with some ortho film to play with. I have a 5x7 with two backs, and a 4x5 Tachihara(that I'm selling). I have a couple of dry plate holders for the 5x7, I suppose I could coat some glass with Liquid Light and have some fun.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian