Thread: I was considering down sizing my chemistry jugs, when this happened---

I was considering down sizing my chemistry jugs, when this happened---

I don't process as much film as I used to, mainly because I don't shoot as much due to the cost of 8x10 film, so I'll often end up with jugs of expired chemistry that need to be disposed of-.--a waste of money and resources for sure.

My chemical jugs which I used for stock solutions are gallon size amber glass (with Bakelite screw tops) which I was given by a compounding pharmacy during a particularly nasty flu season about 25 years ago---I was told that Robitussin syrup came in them. Since then I understand the syrup now comes in plastic bottles (maybe worth checking out if any of you good folks have a need for free plastic gallon jugs) but for me, for now, that seems like too much stock solution to keep on hand.

Conveniently, serendipity has raised her comely little head and this morning I discovered a partial case of 64 oz amber glass jugs (with plastic screw tops) in storage.

Now I'm looking to start up a jug band to repurpose my old amber jugs.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: I was considering down sizing my chemistry jugs, when this happened---

Do the jugs have to have stored whisky or 'shine to give a truly authentic sound? 8-)

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Patterson View Post
    Do the jugs have to have stored whisky or 'shine to give a truly authentic sound? 8-)
    It's probably required for proper tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    My chemical jugs which I used for stock solutions are gallon size amber glass (with Bakelite screw tops) which I was given by a compounding pharmacy during a particularly nasty flu season about 25 years ago---I was told that Robitussin syrup came in them.
    Uhm. Might have been the flu. Might also have been an episode of popularity of Robitussin among otherwise fairly healthy people. I distinctly recall 'robo flipping' being a 'thing'...(and no, that was NOT an urban myth!)