Thread: Citizen shutter?

Citizen shutter?

I have a shutter that is marked "CITIZEN" and came to me with a few other bits and parts of cameras. It was probably removed from a camera and put in a parts box. I have no idea from what camera it comes. Diaphragm works fine, I can arm it and fire it, just setting the speed is a bit difficult as I miss the scale.

Front and back threads are M22x0.5 and the thickness is 16mm just like a Synchro-compur #00. It is a bit larger at 47mm overall.

Below is the front. The top ring with the dots in it is the speed setting. The small lever sticking out at the fore is the release. At the right side is a little lever sticking out with a hole, that is a (working) timer.

Below is the back of the shutter. The upper ring with the 2 lips sticking out at the gear is for arming the shutter. The piece at the side commands the diaphragm. The little thing with the 2 holes in it has 2 settings, like a switch. No idea what is serves for but I guess it could be a flash setting.

Any info is welcome.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Citizen shutter?

Interesting it looks like these were used on Minolta Autocord cameras among others. If so they are pretty bullet proof. Most Autocords I find the shutter works well, the focusing lever- well that's another matter.

Re: Citizen shutter?

Ok, thanks for the links to possible cameras. I tried the speed settings out and found that the longest is about 2 seconds. And indeed it is quite remarkable that even the timer still works without problems. Most compurs that old have problematic timers. I tried it with the cells of a SA 90/8 that I have here (it had a rusted #00 shutter) and while the front does fit, the rear doesn't. It hurts the diaphragm before it screws down completely.
    Expert in non-working solutions.