Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Broncolor P70 Grid Sets and P70 Machined Cutout Discs by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've loaded up the truck on P70 Grids, thanks to Dodds Cleveland Thirty Bucks a piece. Now have three sets, plus extra fine grids to cut up for Frankenprojects. Fine, Medium, and Large. One of the most useful P70 Accessories I can think of. Also a set of custom made machined insertable P70 Metal Disc, super useful for close up use. Another cheap alternative to Pecolite, by adding diffusion. Bought the full P70 Diffusion kit too, and have ordered a set of P70 Barndoors from China. If they are good to use I will buy more.

Also ordered another Broncolor Pulso 2 1600J Power Pack, a $4800 unit for excellent price of $225. From a trusted user and in 100 percent functional unit. Infared controlled 1/3 or 1/10 stop increments, tons of bells and whistles. So now I have a cheap Pulso 2 backup.

Karl Taylor has another instructional video, on the importance of multiple Honeycomb Grids. Worth viewing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn9fP7ZYZu0
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 13-Apr-2024 at 08:49.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Broncolor Pulso 2 strobe pack has arrived by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is EXACTLY what I have been talking about! A $4800 Broncolor Pulso 2 1600J (top of the line) power pack, from a friendly Commercial Photographer for $225. That's about 3% of original cost, so a good investment for me. This will be worked into my everyday setups. Happy Happy. Now I have two Pulso 2's. Actually, this is lighter than it looks. Stylish European Design. Uber safety features. LED readouts not LCD so unlikely to "poof".
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 15-Apr-2024 at 05:15.

― Mark Twain

I don't know, it's got a touch pad instead of switches. It's a slippery slope, starts with microprocessors and soon you're up to your bleep in computer.

Is that white dome a slave? I suppose all the unsightly plugs are under the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I don't know, it's got a touch pad instead of switches. It's a slippery slope, starts with microprocessors and soon you're up to your bleep in computer.

Is that white dome a slave? I suppose all the unsightly plugs are under the cover.
    Don't assume that the seemingly more manual packs from the 303/404/606 etc series are any less electronic under the case (or easier to repair).

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Broncolor Pulso 2 strobe pack has arrived by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is EXACTLY what I have been talking about! A $4800 Broncolor Pulso 2 1600J (top of the line) power pack, from a friendly Commercial Photographer for $225. That's about 3% of original cost, so a good investment for me. This will be worked into my everyday setups. Happy Happy. Now I have two Pulso 2's. Actually, this is lighter than it looks. Stylish European Design. Uber safety features. LED readouts not LCD so unlikely to "poof".
    Looks like you found yourself a decent copy there! I see these come up for sale pretty regularly over here and they rarely look as clean as that one, and are often missing the cover for the lamp sockets.

After months of watching the used markets I've finally managed to grab a "cheap" copy of a 4-door set of barndoors to suit P70 reflectors, with it delivered over the weekend. Now to find a second one that isn't falling apart or priced as high as your Pulso 2 generator above...

And speaking of P70 accessories, that's a nice stack of grids you've acquired further up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Yes, and Yes. KHB can recap these strobes, would be VERY 'spensive. BTW Kevin says there is ONLY ONE manufacturer in the ENTIRE WORLD supplying replacement caps. Which includes all brands of studio strobes. I'm following his advise.

He quoted me $600 to recap my Olde Venerable C171 Monolight. I paid $40-$50 for each of mine decades ago. Meanwhile mine just keep chuggin' along. I am sentimentally attached to them. Maybe some day.

― Mark Twain

Broncolor Universal Projection Attachment by Nokton48, on Flickr

Coming my way from Germany (same vendor who sold me Universal Fresnel Spots), the Broncolor Universal Projection Attachment, with another 1600J Universal Head. Offered to me for 99 Euros, so I snagged it up. A fore-runner of the Impaspot with 1600J power.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    Looks like you found yourself a decent copy there! I see these come up for sale pretty regularly over here and they rarely look as clean as that one, and are often missing the cover for the lamp sockets. And speaking of P70 accessories, that's a nice stack of grids you've acquired further up!
    Thanks dxp! I looked for another Pulso 2 pack for a while before settling on this one. BTW the cover lid being missing is a complete deal breaker for me. It's an important safety feature. When you lift the cover lid, it DISCHARGES THE CAPS. Also the way Broncolor cables attach to the pack, and more importantly how they are detached, minimizes the chances of you electrocuting yourself. One reason I went for Broncolor is their very important safety features.

And Yes, won't be needing any more P70 Grids (I think). LOL Thanks to Dodds, Broncolor Dealer in Cleveland.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Coming my way from Germany (same vendor who sold me Universal Fresnel Spots), the Broncolor Universal Projection Attachment, with another 1600J Universal Head. Offered to me for 99 Euros, so I snagged it up. A fore-runner of the Impaspot with 1600J power.
    Hang on...I thought this looked familiar...I was watching this! You got a deal!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5503FD07382E-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	249230

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    Hang on...I thought this looked familiar...I was watching this! You got a deal! ATTACH=CONFIG]249230[/ATTACH]
    Yep Sure did. I was surprised by their offer of 99 Euros! Kind of a no-brainer. This will also work great on my Olde C171 Monolights.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; Today at 04:37.

― Mark Twain