Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy fresnel clips for my Linhof Super Technika V ground-glass?

Where can I buy fresnel clips for my Linhof Super Technika V ground-glass?

Hi all.

I recently purchased a Technika V and my groundglass doesn't have those small metal clips that are used to secure a fresnel.

As seen here

Where can I buy these clips?

Cheers

Re: Where can I buy fresnel clips for my Linhof Super Technika V ground-glass?

Any LInhof service center.

Contact Austin at Laflex camera, they are moving, phone call works best for contacting Austin.
    http://www.laflexcamera.com

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Contact Austin at Laflex camera, they are moving, phone call works best for contacting Austin.
    http://www.laflexcamera.com

Bernice
    Is it to La Jolla that he's moving? That's the location shown on Linhof's website: https://linhof.com/en/linhof-vertretungen/

Laflex website still shows Palm Desert.

David

I posted the exact same query last Feb 2021 and tried Precision Camera per a recommendation here. They could not supply them. If you manage to find the clips and screws to attach same, I would appreciate learning where you found them. Thanks.
    Bill Poole

"Speak softly, but carry a big camera."

Actually the V and even the early Master Technikas did not have the clips and the Fresnel was mounted on the other side of the ground glass. Slightly smaller than the GG itself the Fresnel sat on a little shelf so the GG position was not disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    Actually the V and even the early Master Technikas did not have the clips and the Fresnel was mounted on the other side of the ground glass. Slightly smaller than the GG itself the Fresnel sat on a little shelf so the GG position was not disturbed.
    No, the V and all Masters used clips so the fresnel is on the top side of the gg. Clips are available from any service center. They also need a slightly longer screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    No, the V and all Masters used clips so the fresnel is on the top side of the gg. Clips are available from any service center. They also need a slightly longer screw.
    My MT is one of the early ones - sn6411143 and does not have clips. The fresnel sits after the GG (towards the lens). I believe you once told me I could have a service center add a set of clips, but they would not be the swing out type.

Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    My MT is one of the early ones - sn6411143 and does not have clips. The fresnel sits after the GG (towards the lens). I believe you once told me I could have a service center add a set of clips, but they would not be the swing out type.
    The current clips are the swing away type. As it has been decades since the older type were made I doubt you can find them. But your gg will need to be repositioned since the fresnel is under it.

Thanks