Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkroom Sink - Delta 1 TRP (Temperature Regulated Processing) Package

Darkroom Sink - Delta 1 TRP (Temperature Regulated Processing) Package

Wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this product. Link below. I can’t seem to find any information or reviews beyond the dealer site. Pretty rare these days to find a product online that nobody has reviewed.

https://www.adorama.com/dksi723313t.html

Lee

Re: Darkroom Sink - Delta 1 TRP (Temperature Regulated Processing) Package

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
    Wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this product. Link below. I can’t seem to find any information or reviews beyond the dealer site. Pretty rare these days to find a product online that nobody has reviewed.

https://www.adorama.com/dksi723313t.html

Lee
    I have a friend who has a Delta 1 sink that's much older, from the late 80's, seems to be fine. The sink is on a homemade wood stand.

Photographer

I had a couple of Delta sinks which were fine. You can probably find a sink on Craigslist at a better price if you are patient. You could also find a temp regulator on Craigslist or Ebay too. You could also make one — look for Greg Davis’ video on YouTube.
    Keith Pitman

My guess is the control panel on that sink is just that- a panel and it's meant to connect to a thermostatic valve of some sort that does the actual water mixing etc. Agree your best bet is to look for one used, some people have had success with using Hydroponic Flood tables for darkroom sinks as well.

Arkay Sinks new is not that bad

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/s...l-sinks/ci/508

Water Temp control use the cheaper option and far better, I have one and an Arkay sink

Nobody is getting any younger

http://www.hassmfg.com/search.pl/166...&submit=Search

I used PEX with clamping bands, fantastic

all on a board and I moved it once 500 miles

HASS 250 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

BTW

ask about shipping, none of that is NYC
    Tin Can

Does anyone here have a chiller for cold water supply? In my place I have no problem, water is rarely above 60°F in the hottest months. I've visited many lovely places that, cold water isn't cold.

I installed a new Delta sink with its stand two years ago. It's done very well, but I didn't buy a temp controller. I didn't think I'd need one (and haven't yet).
    A Hass Intellifaucet would be nice, I used them in my past career and they're great. But sadly, there was a budget... I 'bit the bullet' and bought the sink after exhausting other options locally; and I didn't want to build another sink. Plus the Delta sink is a perfect fit in my darkroom.
    The sink came from B&H, for a reasonable shipping cost to AZ. It assembled easily and has done the job quite well.

Thanks for all the feedback. Delta 1 appears to produce quality products, however, after more than a week of attempts I have been unable to talk to anyone at the company to ask questions about the sink with TRP package. While I like the apparent simplicity, ease of installation, pre-plumbing and quadruple water outlets, the idea of dropping 1500 non-refundable dollars on a non-returnable product through a company that I cannot get in touch does not feel like a logical decision. That being said, I will likely spend around the same amount purchasing a sink, separate temperature control package, plumbing and faucets in an attempt to take a more DIY approach. If anyone has more (or different) experience with Delta 1, I would love to hear it.

Darkroom Reno II No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I bought this Delta Sink out of a friend's garage for Fifty Dollars. Made the supporting stand out of 2x4's. Had a local handyman do the water install. Happy Happy

Darkroom Sink Base 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain