Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New here and looking for lens advice

Re: New here and looking for lens advice

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kashi View Post
    I tried the Carson loupes and ditched all of them. They turned out to be not very sharp. Buying an admittedly more expensive used loupe intended for view camera use resulted in a much better focusing experience and sharper negatives. Buying a used Horseman, etc, traditional loupe or a new metal 6X long loupes from the Chinese suppliers on **Bay was ultimately the best solution. Amazing how much better the images looked on the same ground glass. Before buying an expensive ground glass, I suggest getting a better loupe.
    The carson 7x i got today is the right power, but i have heard to much about how a good quality loupe can make a big difference. There is a Rodenstock i like but its $275, i have seen the chinese ones for $50 to $100 they look pretty good. You have convinced me to return the Carsons.

What do you think of this one ?? https://www.ebay.com/itm/27545349889...mis&media=COPY Or this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18407958401...mis&media=COPY

Well guys camera is on Ebay for sale, this Intrepid is a piece of garbage. I took my first shots and the film holder keeps getting stuck and when i pull the darkslide out the whole film holder comes out of camera. Im done with this thing, going to buy a Chamonix or Wista. WARNING DO NOT BUY A INTREPID.

I've used the 6X eTone loupe and it's equivalent in quality to the Horseman and other traditionally high quality loupes that I have used. It's good enough that I ultimately bought 3. There are, I am sure, better, more compact, loupes at a higher price but the 6X eTone seems like a sensible balance of quality, usability, and price.

I've used the 6X eTone loupe and it's equivalent in quality to the Horseman and other traditionally high quality loupes that I have used. It's good enough that I ultimately bought 3. There are, I am sure, better, more compact, loupes at a higher price but the 6X eTone seems like a sensible balance of quality, usability, and price.
    I ordered a Peak 7x today, i almost got the eTone one but passed, i will see how the Peak is and can always try the eTone if i dont like the Peak.

Can you adjust the eTone focal point to higher or lower? Can you adjust the diopter?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Can you adjust the eTone focal point to higher or lower? Can you adjust the diopter?
    I think it's adjustable not 100% sure but I think it is look it up on eBay there's a ton of them on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Califmike33 View Post
    I think it's adjustable not 100% sure but I think it is look it up on eBay there's a ton of them on eBay.
    If it is not adjustable then it won’t focus on the grain side of your gg. So use it for your stamp collection and get a true focusing loupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If it is not adjustable then it won’t focus on the grain side of your gg. So use it for your stamp collection and get a true focusing loupe.
    So if my camera uses a GG and fresnel lens, do I need a loupe that adjusts the focal point?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    So if my camera uses a GG and fresnel lens, do I need a loupe that adjusts the focal point?
    You want one that focuses on the grain side of your gg.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

https://www.etonephoto.com/products/...ing-viewfinder

Optical design:
    Diopter adjustment, large visible area, adopted multi-layer coating and 4 pieces 2 groups programming, reducing distortion greatly and eliminating chromatic aberration as much as possible.