Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to McMaster-Carr that ships to the EU

Alternative to McMaster-Carr that ships to the EU

I'm renovating a 8x10 Szabad camera and needs a few screws, nuts and similar things. All in imperial sizes.
    A 5/16-18 knurled and studded knob for example is not that easy to find in Europe. Everything is very metric here.

Entering and exiting McMaster-Carr that of course have everything I want but won't ship to Sweden (and therefore presumably not to the EU).
    "Thank you for considering McMaster-Carr for your purchase. However, we will not accept orders from your facility due to the cost of complying with US export regulations." is their rather dry answer, and then canceling my order. (No problem submitting the order though with Sweden as facility!!, but let's not dwell upon that).

I could probably find most things more or less on Ebay, but then in different stores with shipping , handling fees and customs for each and every package. Paying an extra $15 dollars in customs fees for every washer, nut and bolt is not that attractive.

Does anyone know of an alternative to McMaster-Carr that delivers to the EU/Sweden? Or some other alternative solution?
    Any info or previous experience is much appreciated.

/Lasse
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Re: Alternative to McMaster-Carr that ships to the EU

Have you tried Microtools?

No, but I will now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Have you tried Microtools?
    Well, awesome site! Will definatly use it in the future, and they seem to ship international.
    But not the type of hardware that I need for this project.

Thanks for the try!

https://www.stackry.com/en My partner uses these to ship to the uk as long as the company will ship to a forwarding address - they might if you call them

Quote Originally Posted by acrobatic_citron View Post
    https://www.stackry.com/en My partner uses these to ship to the uk as long as the company will ship to a forwarding address - they might if you call them
    Many thanks!. Could be a solution. I will actually try this service and see if it works.
    Already placed the order with McMaster and looking good so far. We will see if it reaches my new US address in NH tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post
    I'm renovating a 8x10 Szabad camera and needs a few screws, nuts and similar things. All in imperial sizes.
    A 5/16-18 knurled and studded knob for example is not that easy to find in Europe. Everything is very metric here.

Entering and exiting McMaster-Carr that of course have everything I want but won't ship to Sweden (and therefore presumably not to the EU).
    "Thank you for considering McMaster-Carr for your purchase. However, we will not accept orders from your facility due to the cost of complying with US export regulations." is their rather dry answer, and then canceling my order. (No problem submitting the order though with Sweden as facility!!, but let's not dwell upon that).

I could probably find most things more or less on Ebay, but then in different stores with shipping , handling fees and customs for each and every package. Paying an extra $15 dollars in customs fees for every washer, nut and bolt is not that attractive.

Does anyone know of an alternative to McMaster-Carr that delivers to the EU/Sweden? Or some other alternative solution?
    Any info or previous experience is much appreciated.

/Lasse
    MSCDirect is a decent alternative to McMaster Carr, and they ship internationally (last time I checked). mscdirect.com

...Small Parts, Inc is another possibility. I don't recall that they do or do not ship internationally.

For the knobs you could also try Jose at Custom Photo Tools who will custom make you stuff on a lathe with (I think) any thread - jose@customphototools.com

He is in Portugal so you wouldn't have any import / taxes pain.

He has made me items with all sorts of threads, imperial as well as metric (and mixed!). Excellent work.

(I have no affiliation other than being a very happy customer )

Jose made a custom lensboard for me for a Durst enlarger. He did very nice work in a timely fashion. I had forgotten about him, thanks for the reminder Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by peter brooks View Post
    For the knobs you could also try Jose at Custom Photo Tools who will custom make you stuff on a lathe with (I think) any thread - jose@customphototools.com

He is in Portugal so you wouldn't have any import / taxes pain.

He has made me items with all sorts of threads, imperial as well as metric (and mixed!). Excellent work.

(I have no affiliation other than being a very happy customer )

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/