Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyo 125VX Tripod foot clamp and quick release

Re: Toyo 125VX Tripod foot clamp and quick release

I don't know if it fits but it looks like it is larger than an AS quick release: Gitzo G385 on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/374129838721

Thanks Sergey, Yes, I saw that quick release, but look at the photos. it just screws to the bottom like any normal release, it doesn’t use the Toyo VX125 foot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59E7CCA6-929C-49CA-8452-7DF615A24294.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	232567
    `
    –Stephen Schafer HABS | HAER | HALS & Architectural Photography | Ventura, California | www.HABSPHOTO.com

Yep, I saw that. But since I did not know what kind of problem you are trying to solve and by what means - that could be an option, hence I mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    Yep, I saw that. But since I did not know what kind of problem you are trying to solve and by what means - that could be an option, hence I mentioned it.
    Ah, thanks Sergey, I have a few Geared heads with an Arca QR and a Manfrotto 405 (and a 410) with their respective plates, so I have the ability to add the ARCA or 405 plate to the bottom of the base foot but I'd rather just have a receiver on one of my tripod heads that clicks right into the existing foot on the VX125. The VX is going to be the compact camera system that goes on flights and every little millimeter helps. If I'm doing a Job on the west coast, I have the whole truck to hold my main Cambo 5x7/4x5 which doesn't need to be compact in any sense.

-Schaf
    `
    –Stephen Schafer HABS | HAER | HALS & Architectural Photography | Ventura, California | www.HABSPHOTO.com

Small town, South Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by schafphoto View Post
    Ah, thanks Sergey, I have a few Geared heads with an Arca QR and a Manfrotto 405 (and a 410) with their respective plates, so I have the ability to add the ARCA or 405 plate to the bottom of the base foot but I'd rather just have a receiver on one of my tripod heads that clicks right into the existing foot on the VX125. The VX is going to be the compact camera system that goes on flights and every little millimeter helps. If I'm doing a Job on the west coast, I have the whole truck to hold my main Cambo 5x7/4x5 which doesn't need to be compact in any sense.

-Schaf
    In your case- and to avoid acquiring another quick release system - why not have a machine shop reduce the size of the foot of the VX125 OR modify the quick release of an ARCA clamp. Measuring the width of the Toyo plate and the maximum opening of the ARCA clamp will most likely show very little modification is required.

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    ...why not have a machine shop reduce the size of the foot of the VX125...
    That's the way it's looking.
    `