Thread: AWB film holders?

AWB film holders?

Recently I bought a 12x20 camera, and it comes with 6 film holders with label AWB on them. I could not find any info about these holders. Do anyone know more about these holders? Thanks!

Re: AWB film holders?

Alan Brubaker makes (maybe no longer? I do not know if he still is in business) these. When I bought my Canham 12x20 and 7x17 back in 1995, I purchased six of these for each size plus four of Alan's boxes to hold them. They work well. Since there is no standard for the distance from the film plane to the front edge of the holders (but they are double sided so there are two front edges when placed into the camera), make absolutely certain that the camera was built to these, and not S&S nor older holders. Welcome to 12x20. Now find a jobo tank with insert for developing your sheet film on a jobo CPP2!
    Don

Thanks Don! Fortunately I got the whole package, camera, lens, tripod, changing tent, hood, jobo tank with custom insert, film holders, and boxes of films! Now I am looking for a backpack to carry the camera and film holders!

Quote Originally Posted by Don12x20x View Post
    Alan Brubaker makes (maybe no longer? I do not know if he still is in business) these. When I bought my Canham 12x20 and 7x17 back in 1995, I purchased six of these for each size plus four of Alan's boxes to hold them. They work well. Since there is no standard for the distance from the film plane to the front edge of the holders (but they are double sided so there are two front edges when placed into the camera), make absolutely certain that the camera was built to these, and not S&S nor older holders. Welcome to 12x20. Now find a jobo tank with insert for developing your sheet film on a jobo CPP2!
    Don

umop episdn

Alan (AWB) is still in business. He no longer has a website, but just last month I bought a bunch of 8x10 and 5x7 film holders directly from him. Fantastic quality, beautifully made, but sure not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by konakoa View Post
    Alan (AWB) is still in business. He no longer has a website, but just last month I bought a bunch of 8x10 and 5x7 film holders directly from him. Fantastic quality, beautifully made, but sure not cheap.
    Great! What's his email? I can't find him.

I have 3 7 X 17 AWB like new

with no markings
    Tin Can

umop episdn

Alec, I sent you a PM with AWB's contact info.

Danny, thank you so much!

best!