Thread: On1

On1

Anybody using it?

https://www.on1.com/
    Tin Can

Re: On1

OMG! Yet ANOTHER software package to master!

I've used ON1 products for years; currently using Photo Raw 2023. Many folks write on various forums about instability of the app, but I've never experienced any of these issues. IMO, it's a comprehensive program that keeps getting better. Sure, they have their bugs and things when a new release comes out, but who doesn't? I've already had a couple of Adobe updates, for example, and their major fall 2022 release was this month! Just sayin...

Adobe PS has mucked my just 'fixed' M1

I may give up all DIGI processing

Somehow my 3 updated and current APPLE handhelds are fine

but not my 2021 Mac, they were all synced last week....

I suspect ADOBBIE

I don't look forward to another hour of MAC HELP
    Tin Can

I use On1 Resize for clients that I am printing for. They often have originals too small to print at the size they want. I have made extensive comparisons to the last version of On1 Resize (they just updated it in 2023) versus Photoshop and found gains by using On1 when making more extreme enlargements. If you are making small changes in size I doubt you will see a difference.

-Joshua

Hi Joshua

Thanks for the bunp

I may try it

btw my now old Mac MI has not been used since this thread began

what a waste of cash

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    I use On1 Resize for clients that I am printing for. They often have originals too small to print at the size they want. I have made extensive comparisons to the last version of On1 Resize (they just updated it in 2023) versus Photoshop and found gains by using On1 when making more extreme enlargements. If you are making small changes in size I doubt you will see a difference.

-Joshua
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Hi Joshua

Thanks for the bunp

I may try it

btw my now old Mac MI has not been used since this thread began

what a waste of cash
    It could be argued that ALL computers are a waste of money, ultimately. At the end of it all, you've got nothing.

no worries

our masters are more in charge weakly

soon no more critters

see ya

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    It could be argued that ALL computers are a waste of money, ultimately. At the end of it all, you've got nothing.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    I use On1 Resize for clients that I am printing for. They often have originals too small to print at the size they want. I have made extensive comparisons to the last version of On1 Resize (they just updated it in 2023) versus Photoshop and found gains by using On1 when making more extreme enlargements. If you are making small changes in size I doubt you will see a difference. -Joshua
    I've been satisfied with On1 Resize too. During the summer, I've tested Capture One, DxO Photolab, Hasselblad Phocus, NX Studio, for the processing of raw files - so far I've liked DxO Photolab best, but ON1 Photo RAW remains to be tested. Both have 30 days free trials.

I'm unsure, though, to which produces the best file for printing if all editing parameters were to be the same cross the programs. Perhaps that's a topic for a new thread?