Fomapan .21 (Xtol-R)
    FP4-Plus .18 (510-Pyro)
    Delta 100 .11 (Xtol stock)

Re: Fomapan 100 Base + Fog?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Fomapan .21 (Xtol-R)
    FP4-Plus .18 (510-Pyro)
    Delta 100 .11 (Xtol stock)
    Excellent information, thanks very much Andrew! It seems Fomapan is a candidate for what I want to do.

Paul, not in PMK, but it works great in Pyrocat. I've also developed it in 510 pyro, but that developer tends to rather quickly generate overall stain which adds to b+f, so I don't prefer it for this purpose. In any case, Foma 100 does very well in staining developers; in fact, for alt process prints I prefer it that way. Let me know how you get along with it and how it does in PMK.

As to the anti halo dye: I find it's easily removed from this film; much more so than from Kodak tmax films. I usually krst let a sheet soak in a tray of water for a few minutes after the fix; by the time it hits the fix, most of the dye is already gone anyway, but there's always some remaining that the final wash takes care of. I've never had to do anything special to get rid of it. The normal processing & wash routine is sufficient.

Drew Wiley

You're not going to get much below .15 density fbf unless you switch to something expensive like TMY400, which I've routinely gotten down to 0.04 !!. And TMax films are the easiest to remove to all the residual antihalation dye from if you switch to an alkaline TF4 fixer. FP4 is one of the hardest. A reasonable compromise film price-wise would be Delta 100, but it's awfully slick and newton-ring prone.

Well ever try eco pro from freestyle? i use the foma/arista in ecopro, and i can get the 100 iso to look very close to XP2. Close enough that i actually have to read the labels on the film.

thats in 35mm though.