Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tachihara 11x14 holders? Any reviews? Any comments? Why so expensive?

Re: Tachihara 11x14 holders? Any reviews? Any comments? Why so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by cuypers1807 View Post
    I use Chamonix 11x14 holders and they are excellent.
    I also use Chamonix 11x14 holders. Over the past maybe three years I have shot maybe 50 negatives with them with zero problems. The dark slides seemed a bit firmer/tighter when compared to my Chamonix whole plate holders, but I think it is because of the larger size of the 11x14 dark slides. I also can recommend them 100% without reservations.

I bought them Seller on Ebay in Japan, I paid the price and then he shipped, Using DHL in Japan. But then Japanese Customs held the five holders and DHL asked me to give DHL my PASSPORT because Japanese customs would not let them be exported unless I produced my Passport. I thought this unreasonable. First NO ONE gets a copyof my passport.Second Especially nameless people at DHL. Thirdly, I purchased from Japan many times and never had this event of Japanese customs holding the goods from export until the foreign buyer gave their passport. Never had Japanese customs hold any export. The seller showed me the Japanese customs communications ( in Japanese and then I applied google translate) but they hand never had this happen before.

Have you had Japanese Customs made such a demand?

What do you think of this?

Is this PHISHING?

I do know DHL really did contact me for my passport That I did verify as it being DHL. But I will not give my passport for this

I also checked the Japanese customs website for exports and found no requirement for me to be so specifically identified. I have given my full name and home address already

I live in Japan. For large value sales (1 million yen and more), Japan Customs has called me to confirm a few details like the consignee's name and address, the items in the package, etc. But they have never asked for any documents. I suggest you call DHL in your country and ask them. If DHL is close to you, a personal visit is better.

Kumar

It was Japanese Customs who wanted my passport and the seller's passport too, We unwound the transaction. Real bummer. But no harm done Just a crazy unexplained surprise. I have five holders anyway So they will have to do.