Thread: Hensel strobe to Bowens generator conversion - help needed

Hensel strobe to Bowens generator conversion - help needed

I have bought an old Hensel strobe "stick" similar to Briese spacematic. It has two tubes of 3kWs and two cables. I want to use it with two Bowens Quadmatic 3ka genearors. Hensel and Bowens share the same type of connectors, but other wireing. Is here a person who knows how the conversion can be done?
    Thanks.

Re: Hensel strobe to Bowens generator conversion - help needed

If this will help…
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by erie patsellis View Post
    If this will help…
    Very much. TKANK YOU.

Use this wiring chart with caution to how the high voltage trigger transformer is wired and the specific type of HV trigger transformer for any specific brand as they vary and just connecting the wires to what is indicated in this chart might not work or cause damage to the systems involved.

Some brands use an Autotransfomer winding style HV trigger transformer while others use a two winding primary / secondary type of HV trigger transformer.

Elinchrom uses the primary / secondary winding type of HV trigger transformer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elinchrom 404:202 sch-main wire colors.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	232159

Comet uses the Autotransformer winding type of HV trigger transformer.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by erie patsellis View Post
    If this will help…

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Use this wiring chart with caution to how the high voltage trigger transformer is wired and the specific type of HV trigger transformer for any specific brand as they vary and just connecting the wires to what is indicated in this chart might not work or cause damage to the systems involved.

Some brands use an Autotransfomer winding style HV trigger transformer while others use a two winding primary / secondary type of HV trigger transformer.

Elinchrom uses the primary / secondary winding type of HV trigger transformer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elinchrom 404:202 sch-main wire colors.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	232159

Comet uses the Autotransformer winding type of HV trigger transformer.

Bernice
    Thank you Bernice! But I dont have a Elinchrom gear - I have Bowens Quadmatic generators and heads, But I would like to use an old Hensel 2x3kWs stick with Bowens generators.
    Do you have Bowens Quadmatic 3ka scheme maybe? One of my Bowens 3ka is broken. Thank you.

Don't have any documents for Bowens strobe/flash units. It is possible to do inquires/search on line to see if there are any schematics/documentation available. There are various other forums with members that might have such schematics/docs. High power strobe/flash manufactures do not offer their service documentation to anyone due to legal liabilities and what could happen if un-qualified folks try working on their stuff.. Death due to "tinkering" = HUGE legal liability...

Post of this Elinchrom schematics was to illustrate the type of HV trigger transformer Elinchrom used in their design..

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Thank you Bernice! But I dont have a Elinchrom gear - I have Bowens Quadmatic generators and heads, But I would like to use an old Hensel 2x3kWs stick with Bowens generators.

Do you have Bowens Quadmatic 3ka scheme maybe? One of my Bowens 3ka is broken. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Don't have any documents for Bowens strobe/flash units. It is possible to do inquires/search on line to see if there are any schematics/documentation available. There are various other forums with members that might have such schematics/docs. High power strobe/flash manufactures do not offer their service documentation to anyone due to legal liabilities and what could happen if un-qualified folks try working on their stuff.. Death due to "tinkering" = HUGE legal liability...

Post of this Elinchrom schematics was to illustrate the type of HV trigger transformer Elinchrom used in their design..

Bernice
    True. I will not try to repair it myself. I know a man that is making tube amplifiers, but schematic would help him sor sure.
    Thanks again.