Thread: Tenerif

Tenerif

All,

I’m leaving next sunday to Tenerif for 8 day’s.

I was thinking of taking my Fuji GW645 with me for city images and the Fuji GWIII69 for landscapes.
    The only thing that’s keep me awake now is the airport security, it’s about 5 years now that I have taken an airplane. And according to several posts here the new scanners wil ruin your film.
    I’m leaving from Zaventem Brussels and my last encounter was they do not do hand checks for film.
    Security is subcontractors from subcontractors and if your lucky they know the difference between a dog and a cat ! So what is analog film…

For day’s i’m thinking will I take the risk or just enjoy the vacation with a DSLR … It’s been a few years that I took out the DSLR :-)

Anyone here with experience of the security in Brussels airport or Tenerif ?

Re: Tenerif

In July I flew to USA from Spain and back and I had not issues with my film, Foma 100 and Foma 400
    See an example in Wilmington NC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52263559046_4c367cc488_o.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	231999

Thank you Pedro,

I have just contacted some local stores in the capital, to see. if they have film and willing to develop and send them to Belgium.
    Beautiful image.

I had not much luck with contacting the local stores.
    So I took the chance and took 10 rolls of Kodak Gold 200 and 5 rolls of Portra 400. Keeping my fingers crossed for the airport security already when one time through the scanner.
    Now after 4 day’s of 7, the 10 rolls of Kodak Gold roll are all exposed (thanks to the 6x9), so I need to be more careful what to photograph …

Almost forgot to mention this, when I asked for a hand check: No problem if your film is below 1600 ISO …
    The handbag of my partner got a ‘random’ hand check, try to understand this.

Yeah, these questions keep on coming. But we can’t help each other here. The worry about films on airports is hard to swipe. Probably the most effective way is let your charming wife ask them to hand check your films

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    Yeah, these questions keep on coming. But we can’t help each other here. The worry about films on airports is hard to swipe. Probably the most effective way is let your charming wife ask them to hand check your films
    Otto, that’s a great idea !
    She solved the problem with our rental car, so lets try this

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMarq View Post
    Otto, that’s a great idea !
    She solved the problem with our rental car, so lets try this
    Yeah, they smell your worry and then they put their heels in the sand. Your wife doesn’t smell