Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Bay and PayPal: Cancel and Get Money Back?

Re: E-Bay and PayPal: Cancel and Get Money Back?

I had an experience about 15 years ago where the buyer received a lens that I had sold and had posted a positive review. It still took considerable time and discussions with PayPal to be able to retrieve the money. I stopped selling on Ebay after that experience.
    Garry Madlung
    Veteran of many tours of the Canadian Rockies

I have the solution but cannot share it in any way

end of story
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    I had an experience about 15 years ago
    Things have changed a bit since 15 years ago.

What happens if you sell privately or from another source where you posted the sale? It diesn;t go through them. What happens to the eBay fees and sales taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    What happens if you sell privately or from another source where you posted the sale? It diesn;t go through them. What happens to the eBay fees and sales taxes?
    There are none.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    I had an experience about 15 years ago where the buyer received a lens that I had sold and had posted a positive review. It still took considerable time and discussions with PayPal to be able to retrieve the money. I stopped selling on Ebay after that experience.
    I hadn't sold anything on eBay for about 2 years. Decided to try again. I found out after a few sales, which were paid for by the buyer, that eBay is holding my payment for 1 month since I had no recent selling record. They state the reason is to ensure the buyer is satisfied with the items. I don't think you have any worries as a buyer on ebay. Sellers have all the worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    ...eBay is pretty much totally buyer-centric so I wouldn't worry about getting your money back. I would check Paypal's policies to see what your options are...
    Buyer-centric is an understatement. I sold a "parts-only" shutter using the condition "Parts or Repair". I said in the description, "Shutter is jammed in the open state. Don't know what the issue is." The buyer filed a dispute saying it wasn't as described because "The shutter is stuck open". EBay sucked the money out of my account and gave it back to the customer and I never got the shutter back. Apparently "jammed" and "stuck" don't mean the same thing in eBayese.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

What percentage do you think is lost selling to a company like KEH over ebay?

Occasionally, one can have problems with an EBay seller. Over the years, I've made multiple claims against sellers for this or that legitimate reason. All have been successful.

Don't get too agitated; you've still have quite a bit of time left to file. You need only work through EBay's Buyer Protection plan. You need not work through PayPal. Give it another week. It's possible that your seller is traveling or something.

It all turned out alright.

The seller was unavailable to the internet for a few weeks. We finally connected and compleated the transaction. The item arrived on time and in great condition. Christmas was a success.

My thanks to everyone who shared on this thread.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!