Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Bay and PayPal: Cancel and Get Money Back?

E-Bay and PayPal: Cancel and Get Money Back?

I "bought' this item on e-Bay for $800 via PayPal. Never had trouble with either before. The seller has a 100% posative feedback score. The seller has not shipped the item in over a week and does not respond to messaging through e-Bay.

How can I cancel this order now?

How can I work through PayPal for a refund?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: E-Bay and PayPal: Cancel and Get Money Back?

Pretty simple, but I will NOT walk you through it as it takes time and patience

I bought a eBike wheel , it arrived in a perfect and sealed box

However it was severely damaged, perhaps a container was dropped

After a while they sent me a good new one and told me keep the the other

Big eBay shippers do not want anything BACK and don't want ANY conflict
    Tin Can

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Read the eBay terms of service. I think sellers have up to 30 days to ship. Also, look on the listing for your item… under “more options” or something like that is option to return and cancel. I’ve canceled deals before but only immediately after buying. That option sends a request to the seller so it’s not immediate. I’d be disappointed/concerned about a week delay but not mad enough to cancel without directly asking, several times if necessary.

I have sold and bought items on Ebay for more than 20 years. I am still waiting for 4x10 film from Shanghai but have had some communication with the seller. I have an item on its way from wartorn Ukraine and several items from China. Patience is a virtue and you need plenty of patience in this day and age.

I've had a couple of transactions on eBay where the seller took a week or more to ship the item. That in and of itself wouldn't bother me too much, but the fact that the seller doesn't respond to communications would concern me. In cases like this if I still want the item, I'll put the transaction in dispute until it's resolved to my satisfaction. eBay is pretty much totally buyer-centric so I wouldn't worry about getting your money back. I would check Paypal's policies to see what your options are.

If its an item you really want I would give it a little more time. A great deal of this stems from ebays new payment policies, I have had the same experience. Ebay takes their time paying the seller which can change depending how the item was paid for, many sellers put off shipping until funds arrive. I really can't blame them for that, I would want payment before shipping. The shipping policies have changed as well.
    There are a lot of unscrupulous buyers out there, swapping broken parts for good parts, Breaking things they don't know how to use and expecting the seller to refund their money.
    I myself have had someone swap out a shutter on a lens, keeping my good shutter and returning their broken one for a refund. It pays to have visible serial numbers in your auction photos.

File a "item not received" with eBay. This will set into motion a notification within the eBay system there is a problem. eBay will notify the seller, if not shipped or recieved or resolution made within some number of days, eBay will make a refund (buyer protection plan, one of the few ok things about eBay). eBay sellers have about three days to ship after payment.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    I "bought' this item on e-Bay for $800 via PayPal. Never had trouble with either before. The seller has a 100% posative feedback score. The seller has not shipped the item in over a week and does not respond to messaging through e-Bay.

How can I cancel this order now?

How can I work through PayPal for a refund?
    1) The listing stated an estimated delivery date. What was that date? eBay will not accept any complaint against the seller until after that date.

2) It’s possible that the seller has shipped and simply didn’t upload the tracking number, which eBay does not require.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    If its an item you really want I would give it a little more time. A great deal of this stems from ebays new payment policies, I have had the same experience. Ebay takes their time paying the seller which can change depending how the item was paid for, many sellers put off shipping until funds arrive. I really can't blame them for that, I would want payment before shipping. The shipping policies have changed as well.
    There are a lot of unscrupulous buyers out there, swapping broken parts for good parts, Breaking things they don't know how to use and expecting the seller to refund their money.
    I myself have had someone swap out a shutter on a lens, keeping my good shutter and returning their broken one for a refund. It pays to have visible serial numbers in your auction photos.
    It's stories like yours that make me shudder when I consider selling stuff and then don't.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    File a "item not received" with eBay. This will set into motion a notification within the eBay system there is a problem. eBay will notify the seller, if not shipped or recieved or resolution made within some number of days, eBay will make a refund (buyer protection plan, one of the few ok things about eBay). eBay sellers have about three days to ship after payment.

Bernice
    “Handling time and when you order: Sellers specify how long it takes them to package the item and prepare it for shipping. This can range from the same working day, to up to 30 business days from when you placed the order. If you order late in the day or over the weekend, handling will usually take a little longer“

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/shi...buyers?id=4025