Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CatLABS X FILM 80 MKII now available in 8X10

Re: CatLABS X FILM 80 MKII now available in 8X10

So far I'm liking this stuff, although I have gotten past the step wedge phase. I've developed a bunch in Xtol-R, 1+1, Pyrocat-HD 1+1+50. The 1+1+50 dilution is too strong, for a decent range of curves... Good stain. Good B+F. (B+F in Xtol was lower .13 but didn't develop as long as I could have) tonight I'll develop a few sheets in Pyrocat-HD 1+1+100. I think that will be a more effective dilution.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    So far I'm liking this stuff, although I have gotten past the step wedge phase. I've developed a bunch in Xtol-R, 1+1, Pyrocat-HD 1+1+50. The 1+1+50 dilution is too strong, for a decent range of curves... Good stain. Good B+F. (B+F in Xtol was lower .13 but didn't develop as long as I could have) tonight I'll develop a few sheets in Pyrocat-HD 1+1+100. I think that will be a more effective dilution.
    Thank you for performing these important tests, Andrew. This is valuable information.

Have you gotten an impression of the nominal speed of the MK II version of the film? I found the previous version of X 80 had a functional speed of about 25, sometimes 32ASA, depending on the choice of developer. I'm expecting the MK II is going to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Thank you for performing these important tests, Andrew. This is valuable information.

Have you gotten an impression of the nominal speed of the MK II version of the film? I found the previous version of X 80 had a functional speed of about 25, sometimes 32ASA, depending on the choice of developer. I'm expecting the MK II is going to be similar.
    With Xtol, the speed seemed slower than 80, and closer with Pyrocat-hd. But I'm I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll have a better idea when I take some out in the field. Got to do some box speed and reciprocity testing, too. My day job gets in the way of all this fun!
    Last edited by Andrew O'Neill; 2-Nov-2022 at 17:26.

Looking forward to the sussing-ning , especially if you start taking the negatives up to POP densities. Otherwise I’m assuming the sheets are physically up to snuff; I.e not prone to scratching, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Looking forward to the sussing-ning , especially if you start taking the negatives up to POP densities. Otherwise I’m assuming the sheets are physically up to snuff; I.e not prone to scratching, etc.?
    Sussing-ning... Can I use that? I haven't scratched any negatives, and I've almost been through one box already.

Ha, Tennyson maintained he knew the metrical weight of every word in the English language except “scissors”—that’s right up there. At any rate I hope to see how you deal with the HP5 kallitypes.

Andrew, how is your x80 II test going any examples yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    Andrew, how is your x80 II test going any examples yet?
    I'm working on it slooooowly. I've got to get this 510-Pyro video out of the way first. I should have that one all edited by tomorrow, then I can concentrate on the MKII.

Developed a few sheets exposed to a stepwedge and developed in Xtol. Made curves. Went out this morning to field test. Hopefully will have a video up by next weekend.

Great!

I trust you!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Developed a few sheets exposed to a stepwedge and developed in Xtol. Made curves. Went out this morning to field test. Hopefully will have a video up by next weekend.
    Tin Can