Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CatLABS X FILM 80 MKII now available in 8X10

Re: CatLABS X FILM 80 MKII now available in 8X10

It's great to hear about new films!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

So, you only accept paypal payments?? There seems to be an option to pay with my credit card, but then after I've entered all my details, it wants me to make a paypal account. I don't want a paypal account... If that is the case then, I'm out. Hopefully someone up here will carry it, but very doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    So, you only accept paypal payments??
    It's stated on the website:

Payments:

• We accept payment via PayPal, through our website's automatic checkout process
    • We are also able to accept payment via direct bank transfer, though a small fee might be added

https://www.catlabs.info/about-us

I haven't used the CatLABS checkout. But when I've bought things from other vendors that have used PayPal as a credit card processor, it hasn't been necessary to create a PayPal account to complete the transaction - you should be able to decline the invitation to create an account.

So, you only accept paypal payments?? There seems to be an option to pay with my credit card, but then after I've entered all my details, it wants me to make a paypal account. I don't want a paypal account... If that is the case then, I'm out. Hopefully someone up here will carry it, but very doubtful.
    You may be better off getting it from Downtown Camera in Toronto. I see they have free shipping for orders over $150. No cross border fees to worry about either, for Canadians. https://downtowncamera.com/

I don't live in Toronto, but I visit there fairly often. Downtown Camera is one of the few places left to get film and processing in Ontario. They've done a good job satisfying that niche market, and they seem to have been successful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    It's stated on the website:

Payments:

• We accept payment via PayPal, through our website's automatic checkout process
    • We are also able to accept payment via direct bank transfer, though a small fee might be added

https://www.catlabs.info/about-us

I haven't used the CatLABS checkout. But when I've bought things from other vendors that have used PayPal as a credit card processor, it hasn't been necessary to create a PayPal account to complete the transaction - you should be able to decline the invitation to create an account.
    I went through the process and could not see an option to decline.

I went through the process and could not see an option to decline.
    OK, sorry to hear that. Hopefully Omer can provide some clarification.

Thanks sharktooth. $58, and then shipping on top isn't too bad. I ordered two boxes of 4x5. Came to $135. I wish they had 8x10...

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    OK, sorry to hear that. Hopefully Omer can provide some clarification.
    That would be nice. I would rather order from Catlabs. After conversion, including shipping, it's a bit cheaper than buying it up here... and there is no 8x10 at the Toronto store.

Thanks sharktooth. $58, and then shipping on top isn't too bad. I ordered two boxes of 4x5. Came to $135. I wish they had 8x10...
    Catlabs replied earlier in this thread that their shipment to Downtown Camera was on it's way, and would be there in a week or so. I noticed the 4x5 stock that DC had now was the original version, not this new version MKII. You might want to cancel that order and wait till the 8x10 comes in too. If the total is more than $150 you'll also get free shipping.

This is great. Sounds like a really nice film. Good to see more options, especially in 8x10.