Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5x7/13x18 daylight processing

Re: 5x7/13x18 daylight processing

Trying not to go off-topic too much...the Unicolor motor base does have an auto-reverse. Less than useless with the Expert Drums -- due to the large diameter of the drums and the short duration of the change of direction, the drum does not even make a full revolution before the motor base reverses. I pick the drum up and spin it 180 degrees and set it back on the motor base as needed instead.

I disabled the arm that hit a switch inside the unit that reversed the motor every one of its rotation. If I was electrically handy, I would wire that switch to the outside of the unit and just hit the switch instead of lifting and turning the drum. Hmmmmm. A shocking idea at my skill level...
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Recently a bought a 3D printed four 5x7 reel, for the Paterson five reel tank, from a Guy in Mexico. I intend to test that as well.
    This is interesting. I would really like to have your feedback on this 3d printed reels once you tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Jobo expert drums work.. IMO, worth the cost. another "penny wise, pound foolish" thing..
    I'm sure the JOBO work great, but the price is insane...

With my 2500 Multitank JOBO roll film drums, and the 8x10 Unicolor Print Drums, the unmodified Uniroller with reversing mechanism is mighty handy and has never disappointed. I recently bought another Uniroller cheaply (WOW they are expensive now!), and I disabled the reversing mechanism inside. Easy to do. I have a Chromega Roller too, that works a charm with my JOBO 3012 9x12cm Eight Sheet Film Drum, the Chromega also doesn't reverse. But I do have to lift and flip the drum direction by hand during processing. The 3012 is quite rare and usually uber expensive. Bought it on German Ebay and it wasn't easy to do but worth it. The 11x14 Unidrum is simply a scaled-up version of the 8x10, and will hold four 5x7 sheets. And the Uniroller works perfectly with the bigger Unicolor Drums. BTW the 16x20 will process process four 8x10 sheets cleanly on a Uniroller.

We used to call it "the poor man's JOBO".
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

[QUOTE=Yourix;1658327]This is interesting. I would really like to have your feedback on this 3d printed reels once you tested it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32515771770...Bk9SR9Kpssz0YA

Here is the reel. 5x7 goes on smoothly, haven't tried 13x18 yet. I went through his feedback, one buyer uses Foma film, and says it scratches by other methods. Works well on his reel. So there is one positive. I fed on some perforated 5 inch Aerial film which is kind of thin-based, seems to load without issues. When I unpack some 13x18 I will give it a go, as they say.

― Mark Twain

Wait for the 5x7 reel to come back into stock, it's worth it. And as for it being expensive for a piece of plastic - you've clearly not looked at Jobo prices yet.

I tried the 3d printed reels for patterson tanks and threw them away. The center tube allows light to pass because it is not opaque. Not very practical, and hard to load. Instead I now use this: https://www.freestylephoto.biz/20575...-Reel-4-Sheets

I also use the B&W King tank, it is good but leaky and expensive. I prefer the patterson tank because it is lighter and has an accessory hose to wash the film in the tank.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

5x7 3D Printed Paterson Five Reel Tank by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is my 3D Printed 5x7/18x24cm Film Reel for Paterson Five Reel Tank System 4. As you can see should be no light leaks, it uses the original Paterson Center Column. So you can stack on, a couple of rolls of 35mm, or a couple of rolls of 120 or a roll of 220 Shanghai. Pretty good for one run. That's four sheets of Kodak Aerographic Type II Perfed Five Inch Plus-X 2402 trimmed seven inches long. Slides easily into the four slots, easy to do no probs. Regular film stock should go on easily as well. But not sure at all about 13x18cm, it's a bit wider than 5x7, so we will see. Might not work? Will be fun to test. BTW he also makes 'em for the JOBO 2500 Multitank.

I bought just the end of the JOBO Washer, and made a screw-on hose connection. It fits the JOBO and also Paterson.

― Mark Twain

Find the old 57 Combi. Plan T and it takes 6 sheets of 57 and 12 sheets back to back if B&W. Inversion processing in daylight. Converts to other sizes as well or for up to 6 glass plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    5x7 3D Printed Paterson Five Reel Tank by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is my 3D Printed 5x7/18x24cm Film Reel for Paterson Five Reel Tank System 4.
    This look neat ! It would be super easy to adapt it for 13x18 by tweaking the lenght of the central pipe...
    I think I'll try to copy it and print one myself...

But for now I found 2 Simma-color print drums + the motor base for 30€ and bought it. The larger drum can hold four 13x18 and even tough it is designed for RA4 color prints it's worth trying it.

Thanks to everyone for your precious feedbacks and advices

The problem is the white center pipe which requires you to leave the lid on to prevent the film being exposed. I can not be used with water stop for same reason.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?