Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5x7/13x18 daylight processing

Re: 5x7/13x18 daylight processing

The 20th Century reels are really good, easy to load and no flaw in process.
    Jeff Perry is really nice and you can ask him for some special jobs (he did for me some reels for Film pack, perfect)
    Another option as said before is the SP 810 for small batches.
    Not a fan of rotary processing but its a personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by GuillaumeZuili View Post
    The 20th Century reels are really good, easy to load and no flaw in process.
    Jeff Perry is really nice and you can ask him for some special jobs (he did for me some reels for Film pack, perfect)
    Another option as said before is the SP 810 for small batches.
    Not a fan of rotary processing but its a personal taste.
    I was using a 20th century reel for developing 13x18 and I always have issues with the antihalation layer because the film was touching the reel. I never found the solution.
    Do you use it for 5x7 or 13x18?

agree with those who suggest biting the bullet and getting the 3006, or 3005. The wallet is going to hurt in the short term but in the long run, it's, short of tray processing, the best way to process 5x7 imo. Am grateful to have the 3006.

Less expensive would be the Simma processing tube, and their roller base. Can handle 8x10 and would think 5x7 as well.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I always tray processed 8x10, but then bought a Stearman Press SP-810 when he launched the Kickstarter, because I thought it looked like a good idea. When it went into production a few months later and I finally received it, I didn't use it for ages, I left it to one side as something that I was happy to fund, but I probably wouldn't find a use for. One day I decided to try it out, and from first use it's become my main way to process 8x10. I always tray processed one sheet at a time, so doing one sheet at a time in the SP-810 was no different, but it was great being able to turn the lights on for the developing stage. It will also take 2 sheets of 5x7 or 4 of 4x5. I just use it for the dev stage (I presoak in a tray in the dark, then load up the SP-810, switch the lights on to dev, and then stop and fix in trays in the dark), but it's designed to do the whole thing from start to finish if that's what you need.
    Ian Land
    Photographer, Silverhill Press Editor

Website | Instagram | Silverhill Press

Quote Originally Posted by s389 View Post
    I was using a 20th century reel for developing 13x18 and I always have issues with the antihalation layer because the film was touching the reel. I never found the solution.
    Do you use it for 5x7 or 13x18?
    Not 5x7 but two types of 4x5, regular and filmpack. Prewash removed the antihalation layer.