Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guidance needed on filter holder / filters

Re: Guidance needed on filter holder / filters

For along time I used a Lee holder with a 95 adapter ring. It causes vignetting on wide angle lens
    Now I switched to NiSi V6 Pro with a 95mm adapter ring. Can not be happier about it
    I also use a 95mm polarizer together with it. Lens --> Step Rings to get to 95mm --> Polarizer --> Nisi V6
    The 100mm filters are from Lee, Tiffen and others , all fit into NiSi nicely.
    I removed divider between slots #2 and #3 in the V6 and now can use either up to three filters up to 2mm thick each or one of 2 mm thick filters and one of 4mm thick filters (like Tiffen Black Pro mist), or one 4mm thick filter

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    For along time I used a Lee holder with a 95 adapter ring. It causes vignetting on wide angle lens
    Now I switched to NiSi V6 Pro with a 95mm adapter ring. Can not be happier about it
    I also use a 95mm polarizer together with it. Lens --> Step Rings to get to 95mm --> Polarizer --> Nisi V6
    The 100mm filters are from Lee, Tiffen and others , all fit into NiSi nicely.
    I removed divider between slots #2 and #3 in the V6 and now can use either up to three filters up to 2mm thick each or one of 2 mm thick filters and one of 4mm thick filters (like Tiffen Black Pro mist), or one 4mm thick filter

Interesting. Little pricier than the Cokin but looks like a clean kit. B&H also has it on sale. Thanks for the input.

Lee

I use screw in filters as I have a lot from my 35mm ans MF cameras (4x5 came last for me). but when my local camera store was open back in 2015, they had a used cokin system with 4 filters. all were in fair condition, so I got the filters, 2 holders and 7 step up rings for $5. figured why not. I bought new filters, not cokin, and use the holder. works great. I only use it for GND filters as I still prefer screw in filters for my others filters, B&W and 81 series. never understood how to use a round GND filter. I assume its just 1 straight line point and you can rotate it depending on how you want it set. but the rectangular/square filter seems much more logical.

john

john

Quote Originally Posted by j enea View Post
    I use screw in filters as I have a lot from my 35mm ans MF cameras (4x5 came last for me). but when my local camera store was open back in 2015, they had a used cokin system with 4 filters. all were in fair condition, so I got the filters, 2 holders and 7 step up rings for $5. figured why not. I bought new filters, not cokin, and use the holder. works great. I only use it for GND filters as I still prefer screw in filters for my others filters, B&W and 81 series. never understood how to use a round GND filter. I assume its just 1 straight line point and you can rotate it depending on how you want it set. but the rectangular/square filter seems much more logical.

john

john
    Thanks John. After reading these responses and doing some additional research, I found the compendium hood for my TOYO VX125 and was able to find then find a toyo filter holder set on ebay in japan. This should allow me to use one set of square/rectangle filters with all my current lenses - even the one with the damaged filter thread. Hoping so anyways. It's supposed to arrive this weekend.

Lee

SergeyT can you elaborate why you prefer the NiSi V6 and which model you have?
    Thanks.