Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seiko #00 shutter

Re: Seiko #00 shutter

I went through my collection of Fujinon documents/manuals and found the same table mentioning a #00 Seiko shutter, they were on two D.O. Industries pamphlets titled "Fujinon Lenses" dated 8/82 and 3/85.

The shutter that I have like this appears to be the same as any other #0 other than the fact that it doesn't open fully and it has the slightly larger cell threads that some of the Seiko shutters have.
    Jim

I have a couple of single coated Fujinon 90mm f/8 lenses in Seiko 0 shutters with the shutter blades restricted to the lenses' f/8 maximum apertures. There are no markings to indicate that they are 00 size. The shutter threads are the same as any other Seiko or Copal 0 size.

Kumar

I'm willing to "chalk" this one up to a major misunderstanding on Fuji's part -- as opposed to a typo.

Smile Re: Seiko #00 shutter

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    I have a couple of single coated Fujinon 90mm f/8 lenses in Seiko 0 shutters with the shutter blades restricted to the lenses' f/8 maximum apertures. There are no markings to indicate that they are 00 size. The shutter threads are the same as any other Seiko or Copal 0 size.

Kumar
    Exactly, that is what I meant. Here is a picture of the shutter with fully opened shutter blades and aperture at 5.6. Aperture scale is LS30, I think it corresponds to a 8/90mm, it does not fit the 65mm that is mounted on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiko#00.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	231164

These are probably what was referred to as #00 in the D.O doc mentioned by Salmo22 (which is the one where I found the info). There are no outward markings and as I said, unless one removes the front element, there is no way to distinguish them from a #0. So they may have gone simply unnoticed all that time !