Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Was the Process for Getting War Zone Photographs to Print Before Digital Cameras

multiplex

Re: What Was the Process for Getting War Zone Photographs to Print Before Digital Cam

There is / was a white water rafting company in / near the Grand Canyon who had carrier pigeons carry rolls of 35mm film to the lab so people would have proofs at the end of the ride. Ghost Dog uses carrier pigeons too. the problem won't be the film it will be processing that doesn't use the sun.

Re: What Was the Process for Getting War Zone Photographs to Print Before Digital Cam

There is an eleven minute untitled video floating about the internet, of a Reuters(?) pressroom (ie.hotel room and bathroom) in Nicaragua in 1990, seemingly made as an internal home-movie sort of thing. It covers pretty much all of the points about development and processing, scanning wire photos (also in colour) and picture selection. Somehow I have a copy of it, but am uncertain of the copyright status. It is no longer on the site which I was told about, so I can't give a link. The file is also 69MB so it is not so easy to send to anyone, even for 100% non-commercial purposes. Maybe someone with better google-fu than me can find it somewhere?